When will the album leak?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

When will the album leak?

• Before February 13th

Votes: 37 8.5%
  • February 13th

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • February 14th

Votes: 22 5.0%
  • February 15th

Votes: 26 5.9%
  • February 16th

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • February 17th

• February 18th

• February 19th

Votes: 24 5.5%
  • After February 19th

Votes: 257 58.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver's and Shaun's reactions are worth the time re-reading/living that thread all over again. Will GibsonExplorer be this years Shaun Vox? :wink:

yeah, i did say that it made ATYCLB sound like a bunch of demos. i may have been a little over-excited.

comes with the territory though. how can you not get overly excited when you have a new CD from your (presumed) favorite band? better yet, a band that most of us obsess over. (come on, here we are posting on the blue crack. we're rabid fans.)

we probably all will exaggerate to some degree, but really, who cares? that's almost half the fun. and i DO think that this album will live up to the hype that we inevitably originally give it. none of the reviews from HTDAAB said challenging and etc. how Horizon has been described. that said, i DO enjoy bomb a great bit still, but it's definitely no AB or JT, or even Pop to me.

regardless, i'm excited, it seems like everybody but about 3 people on here are excited. and i'm betting the album leaks around valentines day, if not a little earlier.

comes with the territory though. how can you not get overly excited when you have a new CD from your (presumed) favorite band? better yet, a band that most of us obsess over. (come on, here we are posting on the blue crack. we're rabid fans.)

we probably all will exaggerate to some degree, but really, who cares? that's almost half the fun. and i DO think that this album will live up to the hype that we inevitably originally give it. none of the reviews from HTDAAB said challenging and etc. how Horizon has been described. that said, i DO enjoy bomb a great bit still, but it's definitely no AB or JT, or even Pop to me.

regardless, i'm excited, it seems like everybody but about 3 people on here are excited. and i'm betting the album leaks around valentines day, if not a little earlier.

very true. it's all part of the fun. and i still enjoy bomb too, especially after tweaking the tracklist.

exactly.

don't nobody piss on my excitement bonfire!!! :madwife:

I read a few pages of that.

What does that tell you about GYBO?

very good things considering its been consistently growing on more people as time goes on instead of a collective instant crowning as the best song ever.

I disagree, but time will tell won't it?

I read a few pages of that.

Everyone was wacking off to Miracle Drug, saying how much better than ATYCLB it was.

Now everyone hates it.

What does that tell you about GYBO?

Not a good comparison to be honest.

GYOB is a grower, while Miracle Drug was a shooting star.....it shined brightly for like half a minute before going away really quickly.

And the word "grower" was used repeatedly to describe "One Step Closer" in that thread.

Interesting.

Yeah, I like it alot too.
As well as Miracle Drug.

I never liked Vertigo, ABOY, and SYCMIOYO, and still don't.

ok, I read 27 pages of that HTDAAB leak thread.

It's the same exact shit people are saying now about Boots.

People describing "3rd masterpiece", AB-ish, "this is why it took 4 years" yada yada.

See you guys sometimes in April.....

:wave:

People describing "3rd masterpiece", AB-ish, "this is why it took 4 years" yada yada.

ill be there. I love Bomb, always have. :wave:

I honestly never read any reviews from HTDAAB that had the same punch as the current ones from NLOTH.

Oh please.

Rolling Stone called ATYCLB the 3rd masterpiece before it came out.

Everyone here called Bomb the 3rd masterpiece immediately.

I'm gonna listen to a bunch of fuckin jounalists who heard NLOTH once saying how great it is and decide "yeah they must be right"?

Oh please.

Rolling Stone called ATYCLB the 3rd masterpiece before it came out.

Everyone here called Bomb the 3rd masterpiece immediately.

I'm gonna listen to a bunch of fuckin jounalists who heard NLOTH once saying how great it is and decide "yeah they must be right"?

Then don't read them!!!

Why read 27 pages of something that happened over 4 years ago? We already know your expectations.

Just erase your expectations, listen to the album and then bitch about it then, but honestly what is the point of bitching about the fact that some like something you didn't, it's just a waste of breath...

What's even more ironic is that you were one of the ones calling it a masterpiece... Kinda destroys your credibility, doesn't it?

in all seriousness though i do hope they have an album that nearly everybody here can rally around. it seems the last three have been very divisive with huge widespread opinion. hopefully they nailed it right critically and more importantly with the entire fanbase. not everybody will be pleased though- they've had too many sounds over the years that to think each type of fan will be pleased is silly. but it would be nice in 5-6 years to look back and think of Horizon with the JT and AB, and something most everybody here can appreciate.

in all seriousness though i do hope they have an album that nearly everybody here can rally around. it seems the last three have been very divisive with huge widespread opinion. hopefully they nailed it right critically and more importantly with the entire fanbase. not everybody will be pleased though- they've had too many sounds over the years that to think each type of fan will be pleased is silly. but it would be nice in 5-6 years to look back and think of Horizon with the JT and AB, and something most everybody here can appreciate.

Keep dreaming the dream...:wink:

The internet has destroyed this dream.

I don't remember bitching about any tune off Bomb except Vertigo.

I like Bomb. Mostly. But when they did the last 2 tunes (Saints and WITS) I called bleh on them. Green Day??? Don't get me started.

Boots? Not for me.
I am sure there are going to be plenty of tunes on this album that I will love.
I love COBL, Yahweh, etc.

I've just been saying:
There are going to be the same knee jerk reactions to all the songs on this, and then as time goes on people are going to turn against it.
At least I'm being honest from the get go.

BTW, I still say it's going to sound more like Bomb than you might think.

Which is fine with me. But we'll see......

oh i know it'll never happen. i don't even care if it does or doesn't. it would be nice though to not have to feel the need to defend a few songs you like or whatever. not that i feel the "need" to, i like the music i like and if somebody else doesn't, oh well. i like bomb a good bit, i do think the production is pretty brutal, but the songs are there for me. especially live.

i just hope Horizon is awesome to me, and if it sucks to everybody else, then oh well, only my opinion matters when it comes to this:wink:

I'm not sure the 3rd agreed-upon masterpiece can happen in the Internet Age.

In the late 80s/early 90s, super-positive reviews, a good single or two and amazing sales (like ATYCLB and HTDAAB) would have meant classic canidacy...

but now we have forums to fight about every detail in, so the classic status can never become widely accepted.
:hmm:

I'm not sure the 3rd agreed-upon masterpiece can happen in the Internet Age.

In the late 80s/early 90s, super-positive reviews, a good single or two and amazing sales (like ATYCLB and HTDAAB) would have meant classic canidacy...

but now we have forums to fight about every detail in, so the classic status can never become widely accepted.
:hmm:

So true... if sweetest thing came out today people would be saying its the most cheesy song U2 ever wrote.

BTW, I still say it's going to sound more like Bomb than you might think.

Which is fine with me. But we'll see......

This is what I don't get. Since word of this album came out you've been saying, "it's going to sound like Bomb". You've been saying it is as a "this will suck", now it's "fine with me".

But what are you basing this on? Ok you think Boots sounds like Vertigo, I don't get that but let's move on... What else are you basing this on, no one who has heard it has said this, the beach clips don't reflect this, how is it you are privy to something the rest of us aren't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom