When were the vocals recorded for the New Mixes on 1990-2000?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amerrydeath

War Child
I was listening to the Best of 90-00 today (it rarely happens, but I couldn't find Boy :wink: and figured I'd give it a spin since I hadn't in years), and I noticed that the vocal tracks on Gone and Discotheque seemed a little bit different. I know they're different tracks than the originals, but were they recorded around the time of ATYCLB or Pop? I thought I detected a hint of the raspiness of Elevation in Bono's voice, but I may have been wanting to hear things.

Staring at the Sun's vocal track, however, does not sound different. I've changed my mind and like the New Mixes a lot better than the old ones :wink: except for the lack of BOOM CHAs on Discotheque. :tsk: They sound fresher and more punchy.

I am bidding on Popmart from Mexico on eBay :shh: :hyper:

Bono actually destroyed Gone, there's a too huge gap between the original 1997's vocals and the parts he recorded in 2002, he had still troubles with his voice at that time. Edge did a great work instead. Would be interesting if Bono would re-record Gone now................I think he would sound much much better considering he improved his voice again

Back
Top Bottom