When I look at the world live? True or false?!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They played WILATW??? wow... no way... k I really want to make it to Tampa!! Supposingly I can go, *perhaps*, if I find a cheap way of getting there... so I've been checking up on airfare and stuff... now this just makes me want to go that much more!!

btw Diamond that's so cute, The Atmosphere Song!
biggrin.gif

Know what I love about that song? It's both pretty and bittersweet. It is one of my favourite songs on the album and I actually do think of it as "pretty," in a good way. But so much more than that--very moving.

------------------
One day we'd reach the great ocean
At the end of a pale afternoon
And we'd lay down our heads just like we were sleeping
And be towed by the drag of the moon

-Sting

The KC show was really outstanding because of one big surprise.

I was at the tip. After Bad I was waiting for the Streets intro, but no... what is this?? I couldn't believe it! When I Look at the World!

It was at least two full verses (contrary to other reports), with Bono standing almost perfectly still on Edge's side of the heart, just concentrating and keeping time as he sang. Edge continued to play a simple chord progression that was very similar to the outro of Bad. It is hard to explain what it sounded like, but I think it worked great!

Not a full version, but not a snippet either. I'll take it! And it was great to see them obviously reach for something new.
It was the highlight of the whole show for me.

Song was not played in St. Louis, but they did play more of Peace on Earth than they have normally been, most of the song. I personally think that they haven't played WILATW because it would require massive and flagrant sampling to pull it off. Too many instruments layered up IMO.

Back
Top Bottom