When I Cried at the U2 Show!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

antietam

The Fly
the fondest memory I have from a U2 show is when I saw them at soldier field during the popmart tour. the show was incredible, even though I was a bit disappointed with the live version of 'staring at the sun' but I will never forget what happened during 'ONE' .... the entire concert I was dancing in the aisle, I had seats in the 21 row in the front section. and an old security guy constantly had to tell me to go back into my row. I figured that he was too old to appreciate the music of U2, and every time he left I went right back out to rock n' roll in the aisle. finally at the end of the show during 'ONE', (the song that converted me to a U2 fan) I just stood right outside the last seat with my zippo and took in the visual-mind-fuck! the song "ONE" reflects my animosity towards God, suffering from a career ending injury that turned my world upside down, I had no one to blame but God, then in the middle of the song, I found my self crying profusely, I couldn't stop. I felt like through the song I was having a conversation with God. I shouted out. . "did I ask too much, more than a lot, you gave me nothing now its all I got" when the old security guard approached me and instead of yelling at me like he had the whole show, he put his arm around my shoulders. we looked at each other and he was crying too! this old man, who I thought had no emotion and could not relate to the beauty of U2's music. I was wrong and I gave him my zippo and put my arm around him. and we swayed together for the rest of the song.

When I saw them In Hartford in '01 I had one of the most joyous moments of my life. I was on the floow w/ my bro, my sister and GF were 5 rows back, and my 2 bandmates were 20 rows up on Adam's side. Some of my favorite people were there, we had easy access to the beer and the can, and U2 were playing. I'd hoped I get to see a show where they played Kite and Gone, 2 of my favorite songs, and they did. My bro knew I wanted those 2 song, and when each one started he screamed at me "THEY'RE PLAYING GONE. THEY'RE PLAYING KITE!" We jumped and danced around like school girls on a pixie stick buzz. Having a boot of the show is just icing.

That's the "thing" about U2.........they really do "get into your mind", make you think, let you feel, help you deal, bring a smile to your face......spread laughter all over the place, the lyrics of the song together with it's harmony.....are felt differently by everyone, but impacts many

..PS..I Confess, I cried during Love is Blindness at the end of ZOO TV......simply because it was the end of the show....

Back
Top Bottom