When are we gonna hear "Sir Bono"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angell

The Fly
Geldof is knighted for his work in the area of relief for Africa, Elton John has been knighted, and I read a few days ago that a race car driver has been knighted(why?)! I would think Bono to be just as deserving as any of these....shouldn't he receive this honor as well? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

------------------
"Love is a verb..."

Hello,

Isn't Bob Geldof from Northern Ireland. If so that would make him a British citizen. AFAIK (but don't take my word for it as I'm not British) only British citizens can be knighted in the UK. And Bono is Irish (Doh! Like we didn't knew that already).

Just wondering...

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

I used to think only Brits could be knighted, but what about Bob Hope? and wasn't Rudy Guiliani recently knighted? (or was I mistaken on that last?)
You could be right, but those two threw me for a loop, and made me wonder if they'd opened the gates of knighthood for other deserving, albeit non-Brit folks.

------------------
"Love is a verb..."

Edge could be knighted, couldn't he? He's Welsh, right? Sir Mr. The Edge. has a nice ring to it.
biggrin.gif

-sula

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Edge could be knighted, couldn't he? He's Welsh, right? Sir Mr. The Edge. has a nice ring to it.
biggrin.gif

-sula

I like that!!!!!
smile.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Oh, and isn't Adam's family British? Sir Adam Clayton...wait...Bono's already been calling him that! Maybe he knows something we don't know. Psychic Bono...
biggrin.gif

-sula

I think people outside of England can get a HONOURY knighthood, but they cannot officially use the title, but its still seen as a acknowledgement of the person in question good deeds ect

I don't think we want to see that happening. Bono's head would spontaneously combust!

Sting needs to get a knighthood. I'm pretty sure he will some time. Question is, will he get Sir Sting or Sir Gordon?

I can't quite see the Queen saying "Sir Sting."
biggrin.gif

------------------
You've got to cry without weeping
Talk without speaking
Scream without raising your voice

You gonna tell me about a fookin ego? If we don't got an ego, we don't got a career. And then, what would we do? Gotta tell em all you're the best. How else are ya gonna get there?

------------------
Reporter: Can you sum up Oasis in one word?
Me: ME!

Originally posted by Matthew_Page2000:
The Gallagher brothers...They've got spirit but no chops...

Kinda like ol' Mattie... got one-liners but no knackers!

G'nite mate.

------------------

Originally posted by Matthew_Page2000:
Noel, you may still have an ego but what happened to your career?

I'm still kicking. What the fuck happened to yours? I mean, you are an internationally famed rock n roll superstar, no?

------------------

Back
Top Bottom