When an old favourite hits you all over again.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Palace_Hero

Refugee, Note: Troll-like
The Morning After. Ranking: Troll of Interference.
Bad is my favourite U2 song ever, and favourite song ever, in general.

However recently I was realising how it doesn't have that slap in the face effect it used to.

Now, watching Boston after ages seeing only Zoo Sydney and PopMart Mexico, it just jumped at me out of the blue after Stay, And I remember how much I like this song (even if the performance isn't its best).

Any other experiances of prodigal songs?

Stay and Angel of Harlem have done that for me quite recently, as has pretty much the whole JT album bar the 3 US and UK commercial releases. I have never liked the Joshua Tree much, but I just can't get enough of Running To Stand Still, One Tree Hill, Red Hill Mining Town ( :heart: ) and In God's Country right now.

Drowning Man. I hadn't listened to War in months, and when I put it on, this song just jumped up and slapped me in the face for forgetting about it. It's one of U2's most beautiful songs. I've vowed never again to go so long without listening to it.

Last edited:
miss becky said:
Drowning Man. It's one of U2's most beautiful songs.

I'd second that opinion!!

"Drowning Man" is an "AWESOME" song....those lyrics alone...

"HOLD ON..HOLD ON TIGHTLY.."

(ABSOLUTELY...."TO DIE FOR"....rocker of a song..) :drool: :drool:

I Still haven't found what I'm looking for.

As there ever been a live version where bono''s vocals have reached the heights of the album version

MsMofoGone said:

I'd second that opinion!!

"Drowning Man" is an "AWESOME" song....those lyrics alone...

"HOLD ON..HOLD ON TIGHTLY.."

(ABSOLUTELY...."TO DIE FOR"....rocker of a song..) :drool: :drool:

Wow...must be something in the water, as I listened to War today for the first time in ages and was bowled over again. Some undiscovered treasures on that album -- Drowning Man and The Refugee are great, great songs....

miss becky said:
Drowning Man. I hadn't listened to War in months, and when I put it on, this song just jumped up and slapped me in the face for forgetting about it. It's one of U2's most beautiful songs. I've vowed never again to go so long without listening to it.

Absolutely
I just put War on for the first time in months this morning and I was blown away. I was going to respond to this thread for exactly that reason.

For me it's In God's Country. It was the first track I played when I first bought The Joshua Tree, and I played it over, and over, and over, and sometimes just the intro over, and over, and over.

Gave the entire album about a 3-month rest without a full listen-through and I am enchanted once again.

beau2ifulday said:
One Tree Hill, Red Hill Mining Town ( :heart: ) and In God's Country right now.

For me these have always been the best songs on the album, along with Streets. I have always loved them and every time I hear them they are still incredible. I could never understand seeing lists where people vote them off first. These songs are beautiful masterpieces, their best.

Back
Top Bottom