When Adam was MIA in Australia...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

by350

Babyface
I totally forgot about this "incident" on the Popmart tour. Can someone please tell me exactly what happened? I heard his bass tech filled in for him. How did everything sound? Are there any mp3's of this show?

I'm curious to how it sounded as well. I even hear that there is a vhs copy floating around which is what I want to check out. By the way it was during Zootv for the filming of the video that is available.

Well, I'll try and tell it as best as I can...the night before the first show in Sydney, Adam went on a binge.(Now I think he and that crack whore Naomi either just broke up, or they didn't break up, she was just cheating on him) Anyways, he found out she was seeing other people, and he went to town.
I guess he was so gone, he didn't recognize his own crew and staff. Stuart(his bass tech) filled in for him, the show had to go on-because they were taping the next night. Now in my opinion, Adam must have really hit it hard because you know these guys have played shows hungover, sick, and still drunk.
In Bill Flanigans book, it explains the situation first hand.
I hope this helped.

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
In Bill Flanigans book, it explains the situation first hand.
I hope this helped.

i believe flanagan or someone else i have read, makes allusions to prostitutes being involved in adam's letting go.

------------------
Kobayashi's bizarre use of colour, superfast editing and extreme camera angles, coupled with a hilariously deadpan performance by Toshiro Takemitsu as the inspector who discovers a whole family of ghosts travelling without valid tickets, remains without peer.

Apparently they threw up a few ideas of how to do the show that night if they would do it at all. One idea involved Edge playing bass for the show with Dallas taking over Edge's role. How wierd would that have been?

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

The show you are referring to was during the Zooropa Down Under tour not Popmart and yes, Adam's bass technician filled in.

Not sure about mp3 files of this show, but a bootleg of the entire show does exist, although the sound quality of the one I'm familiar with is fair at best and I believe it to be the only bootleg of this show that is in circulation at the moment.

I have the bootleg from that show. The sound quality is atrocious, but it is interesting as a novelty item.
smile.gif

-sula

Originally posted by bono_man:
Apparently they threw up a few ideas of how to do the show that night if they would do it at all. One idea involved Edge playing bass for the show with Dallas taking over Edge's role. How wierd would that have been?

Hmm well that would have been...uhh quite strange...although they could have just all switched places...

Edge:Bass
Dallas:Guitar
Bono : Drums
Larry:Vocals
tee hee
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry: