when Acrobat finally gets played...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
...how do you imagine Acrobat when it gets played for the first time live? I can imagine all the lights going out, alot of smoke machines and it starts off with larrys simple drumming, then it gets louder and louder and theres a huge light flash (think COBL) and Edges famous riff comes in, meanwhile the screen will be animated Acrobats making different shapes (a heart, a bomb, a peace sign) or better yet, REAL acrobats doing their thing against a white screen, and then I can imagine an extended high octane solo, and lead up to a big finale with the band at full power.

I kind of hope they don't use imagery of real acrobats on screens or whatever. Bono just used acrobat as a metaphor for the song's meaning.

I just hope that if it's ever played live it will sound good.

I can imagine Acrobat to start like in the Hershey rehearsal...
Starting only with Edge's guitar and Bono singing, and only after the 1st chorus Adam and Larry join. Then Edge with a great solo and the banding finishing in full power mode.

I can imagine Acrobat starting in three different ways.

1. The band starts playing that jazzy little intro that we hear on the record as Bono starts saying "when we first did this next song we are about to play now...." and he goes on to talk about his feelings about the song and how it has been requested so much for so long then later he says the old "we have never played this one live before..." and then they start playing the song just like on the record.

2. Bono just says that they have "never played this one live before... hope you like it" and Larry starts playing the hard hitting drum riff, witch is slightly different live to the record version (at first it reminds us of the Fast Cras drums) as Edge's guitar's feedback starts growing and growing until he starts playing that guitar riff, seconds later Adam joins them and the band is on! Bono screams a rocking "Come on!"

3. And this is how I want it to happen: The band is ending Until The End Of The World, they are at that great aggressive and chaotic moment where distortion reigns and it's just a whole lotta noise from the guitar, Larry's cymbals and bassdrum and Bono repeating some creepy line, they prolong that moment a little. Bono says something like "Are you ready for this?!" or something like that and screams "Edge!!!" and Edge starts playing that riff with a lot of passing, Larry starts hitting his drums hard and they get into the song! Then I'm dead.....

:drool:

TheBrazilianFly said:
I can imagine Acrobat starting in three different ways.

1. The band starts playing that jazzy little intro that we hear on the record as Bono starts saying "when we first did this next song we are about to play now...." and he goes on to talk about his feelings about the song and how it has been requested so much for so long then later he says the old "we have never played this one live before..." and then they start playing the song just like on the record.

2. Bono just says that they have "never played this one live before... hope you like it" and Larry starts playing the hard hitting drum riff, witch is slightly different live to the record version (at first it reminds us of the Fast Cras drums) as Edge's guitar's feedback starts growing and growing until he starts playing that guitar riff, seconds later Adam joins them and the band is on! Bono screams a rocking "Come on!"

3. And this is how I want it to happen: The band is ending Until The End Of The World, they are at that great aggressive and chaotic moment where distortion reigns and it's just a whole lotta noise from the guitar, Larry's cymbals and bassdrum and Bono repeating some creepy line, they prolong that moment a little. Bono says something like "Are you ready for this?!" or something like that and screams "Edge!!!" and Edge starts playing that riff with a lot of passing, Larry starts hitting his drums hard and they get into the song! Then I'm dead.....

See, that sounds great, but my biggest fear is that if and when they ever play it live, they won't do it justice at all, and I'll be left sad and disappointed :sigh:

I'd rather they didn't play it at all, than for them to play it and have it suck.

I think this song could be a worthy replacement for the Fly for the next tour...and that's saying a lot since I love the Fly. Bono could even snippet the Fly in the opening before the guitar comes in.

The Brazilian Flay: And this is how I want it to happen: The band is ending Until The End Of The World, they are at that great aggressive and chaotic moment where distortion reigns and it's just a whole lotta noise from the guitar, Larry's cymbals and bassdrum and Bono repeating some creepy line, they prolong that moment a little. Bono says something like "Are you ready for this?!" or something like that and screams "Edge!!!" and Edge starts playing that riff with a lot of passing, Larry starts hitting his drums hard and they get into the song! Then I'm dead.....
i really like that scenario... AAAAAACROOOOBAAAAAT...aggro bad:drool:
Acrobat is my No.1!!!! U2 go for it !!!

TheBrazilianFly said:

:combust::faint:

srsly, I'd die if we may EVER hear Acrobat played live!

Perhaps it will sound something like this............? :wink:

h t t p://w w w.ysi.com/download/M3BuS3hZWlRIcWMwTVE9PQ

KEVIN051269 said:
Perhaps it will sound something like this............? :wink:

h t t p://w w w.ysi.com/download/M3BuS3hZWlRIcWMwTVE9PQ

That was pretty good. It would sound much just better with Bono singing it though.

Back
Top Bottom