Whazzzzzzis about Bono collapsin??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Hmmmmmm

From a source: (which could be a bollocky source)

***Bono collapsed in a bathroom floor after being hit by an allergy to red wine.

The U2 singer fainted after the band?s Superbowl Concert in New Orleans?. (er, bit late with this are we not Mr Editor????????)

Bono says he cannot handle certain wines and that one of the reasons he is rarely out of sunglasses is because his eyes react to them???(like??.excuuuuuse me????
eek.gif
Now now Mr Editor?.
rolleyes.gif
..)

So, in ur opinion, ???believable??or bollocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

That is SO stupid in so many ways I'm not even going to waste my time writing them out.

Bollocks. Complete bollocks.

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

ummm...Bono has said several times in the past that wine affects his eyes in some way. Something about sulfates. I can't recall the interview but I know it's not a new thing.

I read that in the TIME article
eek.gif

BONO PASSED OUT ON THE BATHROOM FLOOR??!!
eek.gif
and no one seemed surprised, or cared?

I tell you, HEY GUYS anyone walk into a mens' room and find Bono lying on the floor BRING HIM TO ME!! Oh, what a dream! I'd haul him away, telling any onlookers he's my drunk husband I must take home, then, he he he- on with the blindfold and the fun begins!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

On a serious note, lying face down on the floor of a public bathroom is NOT cool. What germs he could pick up there, oh Bono! Plus he's smoking and drinking more red wine, two things that aggravate his eyes and health badly. Why, Bono, what are you trying to prove? Take care of yourself, people love you!

Time Magazine

At 1:30 a.m., exactly five hours after his bravura Super Bowl show, Bono is exercising the rock star's fundamental right to be ridiculous. At a celebratory post-game dinner in the French Quarter with his band mates, the U2 management team and actress Ashley Judd (an old friend), he throws back some red wine, tells a few stories about Frank Sinatra, leaves a rambling cell-phone message for Judd's husband gently informing him that his wife has been kidnapped by a rock band, and then sneaks off to the bathroom for a cigarette. (Bono thinks the rest of U2 doesn't know he smokes; they know.) After 15 minutes, guitarist the Edge, who adopts a kind, paternalistic role toward his childhood friend and band mate, glances toward the bathroom and says nervously, "Bono's allergic to red wine." Sure enough, Bono has passed out on the bathroom floor. U2's deputy manager, Sheila Roche, is unconcerned and continues sipping her drink. "He's probably just taking a nap. He's an excellent napper," she says.

the story is recounted in the new edition of Time, the one with Bono on the cover and the story regarding his charity work. if it's going to appear in time i would be inclined to believe it, not that time is a fantastic mag(i think it sucks actually) but they probably wouldnt' be able to get away with that, let alone try it.

[This message has been edited by kobayashi (edited 02-26-2002).]

Sheila Roche sounds like a bitch!!
eek.gif

lol!! Poor Bono... doesn't anybody care?

Ya know, I dont tink this story could be any worse than the one going about with a picture of the 'three-legged skater' at the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics on front cover of that American mag (which looks sooooooo like National Enquirer - but isnt!)

I mean - honestly....
rolleyes.gif

Who believes shit like that?

It's his damn fault if he's still doing what he's not supposed to! You're allergic, Bono, don't drink it! And how about them cigarettes? BONO!? You know better! (so do you, Adam.)

I love Bono to death, but come on. He has a beautiful family, great friends, a successful career, and tons of money. The LEAST he can do is take care of himself.

Stop being such an indulgent pop star, Bono.

------------------
MESH RULES!!!!!
(thanks to Bono's American Wife)

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

Originally posted by madonna's child:
It's his damn fault if he's still doing what he's not supposed to! You're allergic, Bono, don't drink it! And how about them cigarettes? BONO!? You know better! (so do you, Adam.)

I love Bono to death, but come on. He has a beautiful family, great friends, a successful career, and tons of money. The LEAST he can do is take care of himself.

Stop being such an indulgent pop star, Bono.

I have to agree with you.. Bono needs to stop drinking and stop smoking *now*.

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

YEAH BONO, WE STILL WANT U AROUND, EVEN WHEN UR 90 AND WITH FALSE TEETH, GRABBIN HOLD OF A WALKER TO GO FLOWER HUNTIN WITH NURSE ELSIE, WHOS ONLY 18 YEARS OLD AND INNOCENT........WHILE UR STAYIN AT CLAYTONS NURSHIN HOME - 'FOR THE ROCK STARS WHO TAKE MORE THAN 30 SECONDS TO TAKE A STEP'

.........U CAN WEAR THAT RED WORN ROBE......BUT STAY SANE AND HEALTHY FOR UR FANS..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Jayhawk:
I may be way off here, but I think "allergic" could have meant just plain drunk in this situation.

Well, I am actually allergic to alcohol, particularly certain wines, anyway, I can vouch for Bono that allergies like those suck... and No 'allergic' does not necesarrily mean 'drunk'. One glass of wine can knock you off your rocker if it's full of the bad stuff. (Though I am sure he had more than one glass
smile.gif
) So I do believe this story to an extent... but perhaps he only fell down from a dizzy spell, rather than a full on face planted pass out. Only Bono knows...

Originally posted by Jayhawk:
I may be way off here, but I think "allergic" could have meant just plain drunk in this situation.

actually in this case Bono really is allergic to red wine. He shouldn't be drinking it- and he knows what can happen, so I guess it's his own fault.

I thought it was funny how Sheila doesn't treat him like a piece of glass- that would be sorta annoying & probably would mess his head. he's 41 and old enough to know he's not supposed to drink that. i'm sure this is not the first time he's drank it after being diagnosed.

also, a friend of mine would get really really really "drunk" off of one glass of red wine- it was scary, she was reallll out of it. it looked like she was really doped up, and finally we realized this only happens when she drank red wine (b/c we remembered how B was allergic, too!) since she stopped- it hasn't happened since!

------------------
"True to form, Edge's promise of 'just the one' turns out to mean
just the one bottle of vodka." - Q Mag interview

U2 Take Me Higher
Macphisto: Try A Taste Of Martini

[This message has been edited by oliveu2cm (edited 02-26-2002).]

ay pobrecito Bonito!
I agree with the germs issue, he needs to carry anti-bacterial wipes.
tongue.gif

I heard about Bono's allergy to red wine long time ago but I guess he hasn't learned.
biggrin.gif

I had an embarrassing/sickening experience with homemade red wine when I was 15...Why did my uncle think it was a good idea to make me wine for my birthday?
rolleyes.gif

He must be around tables quite often, laden with temptation.
Drunk? allergic? I dunno. I wish him strength.
Hey maddie, can I book a room in that nursing home you mentioned? Do they have suites...or at least facilities for couples? I sure hope so.
Flower hunting with nurse elsie, 18 and oh so innocentLMAO. If laughter's the best medicine, I do believe you have found a cure.

Liner notes......just trying to say that your posts make me laugh
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 02-26-2002).]

I'm with Sheila, you'd have to be a VERY strong and patient person to have her job.
biggrin.gif

I read an article awhile back where Bono talked about falling asleep after drinking wine. Once he konked out at the mixing board at a very loud concert, and another time he fell asleep on the hood of his car after going out to dinner with Ali. (Apparently SHE left him where he was as well! Hee-hee. These women aren't stupid
wink.gif
)

Look you bunch of nuts, haven't you ever gotten drunk and passed out in a bathroom before??? Everybodys done something like that, whats the big deal??

Originally posted by z edge:
Look you bunch of nuts, haven't you ever gotten drunk and passed out in a bathroom before??? Everybodys done something like that, whats the big deal??

Right on z edge.

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

I've blacked out from drinking and ended up on a kitchen floor.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Read Flanagan's book and you'll know that Bono is famous for his, ahem!, "naps." The man likes to drink and drink aplenty.

People who have been addicted to both heroin and cigarettes report that breaking the cigarette addiction was much harder than the heroin addiction. It's an ADDICTION--it's not like giving up candy bars or potato chips.

Sheila Roche rocks--she knows what she's dealing with. Plus, she's grown up with these guys. Practically family.

Originally posted by bonoman:
give me a break the man is 41 and he will and can do what he likes. If he wants to smoke then go right ahead. I'll be the first to offer him one of mine. And if he didnt drink i'd be very surprised. He's a rock idol. Irish. A man with a family, god knows you need alchol sometimes to get away from them!

AMEN
biggrin.gif

I agree Bono can do whatever he wants to do.

But, keep this in mind. Bono may have been able to drink wine and smoke heavily back in the Zootv days, but now the effects of these habits appear to have caught up with him. In contrast, in the Zootv days I noticed no ill effects to his voice.

It's well known, even Bono has admitted, that smoking and allergies have limited his singing range. Frighteningly, he admitted in the interviews for the release of the ATYCLB album that for a while he thought he was finished (vocally) and that the album would be his last. The long recording delay was in fact partially due to his vocal problems. Granted, ATYCLB showed Bono in good form, but in my opinion still fell short of previous albums.

While I am not an expert, I can only imagine that his continued smoking / wine drinking can only further damage his voice. It is somewhat beyond my understanding that he can continue to do this knowing full well that his job is that of a singer and part of the appeal of U2 is Bono's classic soaring voice and falsetto.

Karl

give me a break the man is 41 and he will and can do what he likes. If he wants to smoke then go right ahead. I'll be the first to offer him one of mine. And if he didnt drink i'd be very surprised. He's a rock idol. Irish. A man with a family, god knows you need alchol sometimes to get away from them!

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Originally posted by z edge:

Damn right.

Besides, it's not so much the passing out that's a problem...it's more when you wake up and realise it hurts to move your head
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom