Whazzzzzzis about Bono collapsin?? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2002, 12:33 PM   #21
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 12:37 AM
Look you bunch of nuts, haven't you ever gotten drunk and passed out in a bathroom before??? Everybodys done something like that, whats the big deal??

Old 02-26-2002, 12:47 PM   #22
War Child

Local Time: 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by z edge:
Look you bunch of nuts, haven't you ever gotten drunk and passed out in a bathroom before??? Everybodys done something like that, whats the big deal??
Right on z edge.

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

Old 02-26-2002, 12:48 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:37 PM
I've blacked out from drinking and ended up on a kitchen floor.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.
Old 02-26-2002, 12:50 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Read Flanagan's book and you'll know that Bono is famous for his, ahem!, "naps." The man likes to drink and drink aplenty.

People who have been addicted to both heroin and cigarettes report that breaking the cigarette addiction was much harder than the heroin addiction. It's an ADDICTION--it's not like giving up candy bars or potato chips.

Sheila Roche rocks--she knows what she's dealing with. Plus, she's grown up with these guys. Practically family.
Old 02-26-2002, 04:28 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by bonoman:
give me a break the man is 41 and he will and can do what he likes. If he wants to smoke then go right ahead. I'll be the first to offer him one of mine. And if he didnt drink i'd be very surprised. He's a rock idol. Irish. A man with a family, god knows you need alchol sometimes to get away from them!

AMEN
Old 02-26-2002, 04:38 PM   #26
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:37 AM
Quote:
It's almost scary how much sense you make at times.

Old 02-26-2002, 05:43 PM   #27
The Fly

Local Time: 06:37 AM
I agree Bono can do whatever he wants to do.

But, keep this in mind. Bono may have been able to drink wine and smoke heavily back in the Zootv days, but now the effects of these habits appear to have caught up with him. In contrast, in the Zootv days I noticed no ill effects to his voice.

It's well known, even Bono has admitted, that smoking and allergies have limited his singing range. Frighteningly, he admitted in the interviews for the release of the ATYCLB album that for a while he thought he was finished (vocally) and that the album would be his last. The long recording delay was in fact partially due to his vocal problems. Granted, ATYCLB showed Bono in good form, but in my opinion still fell short of previous albums.

While I am not an expert, I can only imagine that his continued smoking / wine drinking can only further damage his voice. It is somewhat beyond my understanding that he can continue to do this knowing full well that his job is that of a singer and part of the appeal of U2 is Bono's classic soaring voice and falsetto.

Karl

Old 02-27-2002, 02:48 AM   #28
Refugee

Local Time: 11:37 PM
give me a break the man is 41 and he will and can do what he likes. If he wants to smoke then go right ahead. I'll be the first to offer him one of mine. And if he didnt drink i'd be very surprised. He's a rock idol. Irish. A man with a family, god knows you need alchol sometimes to get away from them!

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono
Old 02-27-2002, 07:12 AM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:37 AM
Quote:
Damn right.

Besides, it's not so much the passing out that's a problem...it's more when you wake up and realise it hurts to move your head