Whats your take on crooner Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
whats your take on Bono the crooner...I mean when he does duets with Frank Sinatra and Tony Bennett or the Corrs...he takes on a whole different persona, its a different change from rocker Bono, he seems to have fun with it and he seems to get a chance to hit the high notes that he likes so much.

I'd love 2 c him do more of it, and even the whole band do an album in that vein. Very sensual music.

MrBrau1 said:
He doesn't ROCK enough.

We need Bono to have GIANT BALLS and scream rock songs.

ROCK ROCK ROCK.

BALLS BALLS BALLS.

Stephen Colbert is registered on this forum, I didn't know!!!! :wink:

I'll take Crooner Bono anytime. Can't Help Falling In Love from the Zoo TV concert in Sydney? I've fallen for that song all over again simply cos of his singing :)

By the way, can somebody please remind me when he did a duet with The Corrs? What song was it? :(

Pirate Shantey Bono=:rockon: :drool: Haunting, smooth vocals, and the acordion ain't to bad, either.

Back to original discussion: Both are good, but I like Rocker Bono better, because of the attitute and ENERGY. There's not much crazy energy to the Crooner.

Anyone heard Beautiful Ghost from the Unreleased and Rare cd?...What's with that?

His work on "I´ve got you Under my skin" is :drool: . His voice is somewhat of a higher pitch now and is missing that sensual little croon he used to have in the 90´s.

Velvet dress. Sinatra and Bennet duets, That's life, Two shots of happy, one shot of sad, Can't help falling in love...yes, I like crooner Bono. I imagine he'd have a lot of fun doing an album of this music.

That said, I prefer the "rock" voice Bono.

Last edited:
redhotswami said:
Tony - the two songs I mentioned are on the Corrs Live in Dublin VH1 cd. I actually hadn't heard Don't Come Knocking, so I don't know which CD that one is on.

If you need Don't Come Knocking, Email me at i_haan@hotmail.com :wink: it's the soundtrack for a movie, only Bono and Andrea tho :hmm: I can't remember wich movie atm ><

I love crooner Bono, heard the Tony Bennett song yesterday for the first time and I LOVE it! Velvet Dress Jools holland :)drool: ) Sinatra duet, Two shots of Happy....He really has a very sensual voice doing these songs... Iwish that with the next U2 album, they would do one song with crooner Bono, I'd really like that!

Yes, in the last 10 years Bono has sure been putting out a number of songs that one could imagine listening to while sitting at some night club / cocktail lounge. Late at night, lights down low, candle lit tables, Bono crooning away, occasionally joined on stage by a few friends.

Is there enough material for a fictional album? How about this:

1. Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad – Bono w/ The Edge (4:12)
2. That's Life - Bono (3:55)
3. I Wanna Be Around - Bono & Tony Bennett (3:01)
4. I've Got You Under My Skin – Bono & Frank Sinatra (3:32)
5. Neon Lights – U2 (4:07)
6. Save the Children – Bono & Marvin Gaye (4:27)
7. Hallelujah - Bono (4:57)
8. Never Let Me Go - Bono (5:36)
9. If You Wear that Velvet Dress – Bono (Jools Holland Version) (6:22)
10. Night And Day - Bono w/ The Edge (MusiCares 2003) (5:58)
11. Stay - Bono (Craig Armstrong Version) (6:02)
12. Tower Of Song – U2 & Leonard Cohen (5:44)

Never Let Me Go – the opening narration edited out.
Night And Day – edit out about the first 5 sec. of audience noise, also about 5 sec. of Bono saying: “where’s The Edge? Without The Edge we’d be in trouble”, and about the last 8 sec. of audience noise.

I love rockin' Bono, but I also enjoy crooner Bono. The new Tony Bennett song is great. :yes:

One thing I've noticed is that when he slips into Crooner Bono Mode, he tends to slur his words together...:scratch:

U2Soar said:
Yes, in the last 10 years Bono has sure been putting out a number of songs that one could imagine listening to while sitting at some night club / cocktail lounge. Late at night, lights down low, candle lit tables, Bono crooning away, occasionally joined on stage by a few friends.

Is there enough material for a fictional album? How about this:

1. Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad – Bono w/ The Edge (4:12)
2. That's Life - Bono (3:55)
3. I Wanna Be Around - Bono & Tony Bennett (3:01)
4. I've Got You Under My Skin – Bono & Frank Sinatra (3:32)
5. Neon Lights – U2 (4:07)
6. Save the Children – Bono & Marvin Gaye (4:27)
7. Hallelujah - Bono (4:57)
8. Never Let Me Go - Bono (5:36)
9. If You Wear that Velvet Dress – Bono (Jools Holland Version) (6:22)
10. Night And Day - Bono w/ The Edge (MusiCares 2003) (5:58)
11. Stay - Bono (Craig Armstrong Version) (6:02)
12. Tower Of Song – U2 & Leonard Cohen (5:44)

Never Let Me Go – the opening narration edited out.
Night And Day – edit out about the first 5 sec. of audience noise, also about 5 sec. of Bono saying: “where’s The Edge? Without The Edge we’d be in trouble”, and about the last 8 sec. of audience noise.

That's a great idea. I think I'm gonna make a little compilation cd of my own tonight... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom