Whats your take on crooner Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pirate shanty Bono. :drool:

I have to say I like crooner and rocker equally, I really can't seperate them into one over the other, but crooner pulls me into the song a little more.

Galeongirl said:

If you need Don't Come Knocking, Email me at i_haan@hotmail.com :wink: it's the soundtrack for a movie, only Bono and Andrea tho :hmm: I can't remember wich movie atm ><

I love crooner Bono, heard the Tony Bennett song yesterday for the first time and I LOVE it! Velvet Dress Jools holland :)drool: ) Sinatra duet, Two shots of Happy....He really has a very sensual voice doing these songs... Iwish that with the next U2 album, they would do one song with crooner Bono, I'd really like that!

hey, thanks for don't come knocking....

anyone has a copy of Two shots of happy? would you please send it to tonyhotland@yahoo.com. dont have it yet :( sorry :(

thanks friends!

U2Soar said:
Yes, in the last 10 years Bono has sure been putting out a number of songs that one could imagine listening to while sitting at some night club / cocktail lounge. Late at night, lights down low, candle lit tables, Bono crooning away, occasionally joined on stage by a few friends.

Is there enough material for a fictional album? How about this:

1. Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad – Bono w/ The Edge (4:12)
2. That's Life - Bono (3:55)
3. I Wanna Be Around - Bono & Tony Bennett (3:01)
4. I've Got You Under My Skin – Bono & Frank Sinatra (3:32)
5. Neon Lights – U2 (4:07)
6. Save the Children – Bono & Marvin Gaye (4:27)
7. Hallelujah - Bono (4:57)
8. Never Let Me Go - Bono (5:36)
9. If You Wear that Velvet Dress – Bono (Jools Holland Version) (6:22)
10. Night And Day - Bono w/ The Edge (MusiCares 2003) (5:58)
11. Stay - Bono (Craig Armstrong Version) (6:02)
12. Tower Of Song – U2 & Leonard Cohen (5:44)

Never Let Me Go – the opening narration edited out.
Night And Day – edit out about the first 5 sec. of audience noise, also about 5 sec. of Bono saying: “where’s The Edge? Without The Edge we’d be in trouble”, and about the last 8 sec. of audience noise.

OMG U2Soar. I can't believe I've missed so much. I don't have all of these songs, except I've Got You Under My Skin and the duet with Mr. Bennett, which I got only last night from Galeongirl :)

Is there any chance you would be so kind to email me these songs? I'd love to hear Stay (is this the same with Stay Faraway So Close?)
Galeongirl said she'd send me Two Shots of Happy, so there's one more down :) Thanks, by the way...
Please please please...

Bear with me guys. I've only been a fan for a bit over five years (Damn, I gotta stop saying that), so I know it's a shame on me! That's why I'm wanting these "new" songs desperately. It's tonyhotland@yahoo.com, by the way :) :(

U2Soar said:
Yes, in the last 10 years Bono has sure been putting out a number of songs that one could imagine listening to while sitting at some night club / cocktail lounge. Late at night, lights down low, candle lit tables, Bono crooning away, occasionally joined on stage by a few friends.

Is there enough material for a fictional album? How about this:

1. Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad – Bono w/ The Edge (4:12)
2. That's Life - Bono (3:55)
3. I Wanna Be Around - Bono & Tony Bennett (3:01)
4. I've Got You Under My Skin – Bono & Frank Sinatra (3:32)
5. Neon Lights – U2 (4:07)
6. Save the Children – Bono & Marvin Gaye (4:27)
7. Hallelujah - Bono (4:57)
8. Never Let Me Go - Bono (5:36)
9. If You Wear that Velvet Dress – Bono (Jools Holland Version) (6:22)
10. Night And Day - Bono w/ The Edge (MusiCares 2003) (5:58)
11. Stay - Bono (Craig Armstrong Version) (6:02)
12. Tower Of Song – U2 & Leonard Cohen (5:44)

Never Let Me Go – the opening narration edited out.
Night And Day – edit out about the first 5 sec. of audience noise, also about 5 sec. of Bono saying: “where’s The Edge? Without The Edge we’d be in trouble”, and about the last 8 sec. of audience noise.

And let's not forget 'Summer Wine' and 'When the Stars Go Blue' (duet with The Corrs). I love his singing there. Maybe even 'In A Lifetime' with Clannad, or how about 'In The Name of the Father' (duet with Gavin Friday)? These songs are some of Bono's best vocals ever....they need to be added to this album!

The one song I really want to get a hold of is Bono's version of 'The Theif of Your Heart', a song he wrote but was sung and recorded with Sinead O'Connor. :drool:

And the best song Bono and Edge have ever written of which they still haven't put out their own version....I really hope they do, cause it's also going on the album the second it happens, is....*drum roll*....

'Conversations on a Barstool'

I still can't believe U2 wrote this song. Simply amazing.

Last edited:
Sorry to be so sarcastic, but wtf is conversations on a barstool?

:shrug: we so NEED a new album here!

btw Tony, might be a surprise to you, but I've only been a fan since January 05 :wink: Let's say I learn very quickly, and a year of intereference is good for your collection :)

Swami, I'll email you the links I sent Tony :)

Galeongirl said:
Sorry to be so sarcastic, but wtf is conversations on a barstool?
You mean you haven't ever heard it? It's possibly the best song Bono and Edge have ever written together. It first appeared on the Short Cuts soundtrack released in 1993 sung by Annie Ross. But there may be even a better version of it.

Download it now!

"Conversation On A Barstool"

I'm tired, so tired I can hardly stand
I can't breathe in the air in this city tonight
It's taken everything I had to give
And now, I just want to get out of here

But I won't be sorry if you won't be
And I don't want your pity or sympathy
But for forty five dollars I can make it
You wait and see

He came from Miami to start out again
I hear that he's back with his mother ill
He told me he loved me and he wanted my child
But you know people change their minds

And I don't want your pity or sympathy
But with forty five dollars I can make it
You wait and see

And I don't want your pity or your sympathy
But with forty five dollars I can make it
You wait and see

It isn't as if I was just anybody
On Broadway I danced for that Senator
They know me in London and they know me in Paris
I'm only talking because you look like you needed a friend

And I don't want your pity or your sympathy
But with forty five dollars
I'm halfway to Miami

Last edited:
I love it when bono sings these kind of ballad type songs. They always turn out really good.
I guess Bono could sing the phonebook to me and i'd enjoy it. :wink: i just know he would find a way to make it sound good, and probably quite entertaining too. Hmmm, which names would he make fun of? :hmm:
My favorite thing is that it would be a very loooong song, he'd just have to sit around for us and sing for hrs and hrs. :evil:

Galeongirl said:

btw Tony, might be a surprise to you, but I've only been a fan since January 05 :wink: Let's say I learn very quickly, and a year of intereference is good for your collection :)

yep, that's why I've been online everyday for hours here :) good that i met wayne last week who told me about interference, lol...
i'd been looking for such a forum, but this is the peak!!!

thanks a lot galeongirl:sexywink: :hug: :kiss:

I'm still in love with 'In a Lifetime', the duet with Maire from Clannad :drool: Does that count?!?!:wink:

Bono can't help being a crooner from time to time .. he's a romantic, cuddly Taurean after all :love:

Crooner Bono is REALLY good for a change sometimes. Even though we love the band & he loves the band, it must be refreshing for him to just simply use him voice as an instrument - Not to have to worry about the stress of a big production of a massive, intense song.

tonyhotland said:

yep, that's why I've been online everyday for hours here :) good that i met wayne last week who told me about interference, lol...
i'd been looking for such a forum, but this is the peak!!!

thanks a lot galeongirl:sexywink: :hug: :kiss:

First thing you learn, flirting gets you anywhere :flirt:
I'll start on those projects I emailed you about tonight :) I'll email the links later :)

Back
Top Bottom