What's your favorite part of Vertigo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shart1780

Rock n' Roll Doggie
The whole song is fran-crappin-tabulous but what's your favorite part?

Mine would have to be this part:

I can’t stand the beat
I’m asking for the check
girl with crimson nails
Jesus around her neck
swinging to the music x2

I just think it sounds so awesome and catchy!!

I'm kinda disappointed they took the part out where, before the last chorus, it sounds like a motor or something winding down, then the song gets all loud again :(

I love this song!!! Yeah Vertigo rocks baby!!!!

I agree with I CAN FEEEL!!!!! :hyper: I love that!!!
And also the part about your love teaches me? or something like that at the end....

I love Adam's prevalant rumbling bass (about time)
and of course the signature of Edge there at the end.
That's not a solo of coruse, more like a guitar refrain.

And also, I love the singing pattern of the verses

It's just a great fuckign song, what can you say?

I kinda like the beginning :D seriously, with the muted guitar and Bono's Spanish counting (he's so silly)...then the killer riff and Bono saying something like "turn it up captain"...sets up the song perfectly.

You know, I'm goint to be serious here with eveyrone:

I didn't like the verse at first. Ahhhhhhhhhhh! I said it!
I love it now but it took me few rotations to appreciate it.

Er, I am quite sure that's Edge saying "turn it up captain". In any case, that's my favorite part. :hyper:

So hard to choose a point, but for me, I think it's probably the start - it's so COOL, and it drags you in so well!

My favourite parts are the "Ola (echo) ola" part, the "feeeeell" and the part where Edge's "oooh - oh - oh - oh"'s takes the part of Bono's lyrics entirely, instead of just being behind them.

Second verse is my favorite i think :

I can’t stand the beat
I’m asking for the check
girl with crimson nails
Jesus around her neck
swinging to the music x2

I think the song is much better loud too. Should be great in the car!

Right now, it is the part where the Edge's guitar kicks in and then suddenly cools off with the repeated phrase "all of this.... all of this can be yours."

I am really loving the spiritual interpretation that this is Satan tempting Jesus.

shart1780 said:

I can’t stand the beat
I’m asking for the check
girl with crimson nails
Jesus around her neck
swinging to the music x2

My favourite as well! I love singing along to the "woaaah!" part that comes after it. That's actually the bit that hooked me with the beach clip.

I love the "hello, hello" then "hola" bit, purely cos I can see the "hola" bit being a crowd part of the response....this is totally daft, but I can imagine bono singing the "hello, hello" bit, then we all go "HOLA" back...lol...man, this new u2 stuff has frazzled my brain

and I forgot to mention that my arms sponteanously wave in the air at the "HOLA" bit, which will make the drive to work tomorrow interesting

This whole song rocks my socks off. To quote what another person on this board said a long time agao, this song has left me thirsty on the floor begging for more!

I love the I CAN FEEL part. And the Hello Hello I'm At A Place Called Vertigo is sooooo catchy! And Bono whispering "Give me what I want and nobody gets hurt" = SEXY AS HELL! The boys are back to thier roots....I love it! My roomates had to leave the apartment....I'm freaking out here!!!! I think I just peed a little I'm so excited! LOL

Last edited:
I actually love the beginning most. The first part I heard, and it threw me for a loop because it wasn't waht I was expecting from U2, and the only song that SURPRISED me that way on atyclb was In A Little While.

I also love after it's over. The silence. And that's not meant to be an insult, but when the song's over it leaves a ringing gap of silence louder than any other song I've heard recently.

UKTan said:
I love the "hello, hello" then "hola" bit, purely cos I can see the "hola" bit being a crowd part of the response....this is totally daft, but I can imagine bono singing the "hello, hello" bit, then we all go "HOLA" back...lol...man, this new u2 stuff has frazzled my brain

and I forgot to mention that my arms sponteanously wave in the air at the "HOLA" bit, which will make the drive to work tomorrow interesting

Speaking of the song live, I can also imagine all of us singing along to the "woah!" part in the second verse...imagine, thousands of fans doing that at the same time...

:drool:

GibsonGirl said:

Speaking of the song live, I can also imagine all of us singing along to the "woah!" part in the second verse...imagine, thousands of fans doing that at the same time...

:drool:

Shit man. So true. Shit. That's better than the elevation thing. though sorta the same.

maxpouliot said:
Second verse is my favorite i think :

I can’t stand the beat
I’m asking for the check
girl with crimson nails
Jesus around her neck
swinging to the music x2

I think the song is much better loud too. Should be great in the car!

That seems to be alot of us -- I love it too!

Back
Top Bottom