Whats your favorite part of Electrical Storm?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

camiloj

War Child
Enough of the analysis and criticism, for those of you that have found something to like in this song, what is your favorite part of the song??? There are two for me, one revolves around the Edge and the other Bono and the song as a whole.

My FIRST fave part is at 1:27 when Bono sings in that frickin awesome intense voice from the 80s the following verses:

"Let's see colours that have never been seen
Let's go to places no one else has been

You're in my mind
All of the time
I know that's not enough
If the sky can crack
There must be some way back
To love and only love

Electrical storm
Electrical storm
Electrical storm
Baby, don't cry"

that part there that ends like at 2:20something is just like the TOTAL U2 I know and LOVE!!!

Second fave part is around 3:28-3:32 and it's when The Edge is playing this jangly Pride kind of guitar which to me is the U2 signature sound I fell in love with. Then it goes to the wah wah guitar that I dont admire as much.

LOVE IT, this song exhilirates me!

Now its your turn, whats your favorite part?

U2LA said:

You're in my mind
All of the time
I know that's not enough
If the sky can crack
To love and only love

Electrical storm
Electrical storm
Electrical storm
Baby, don't cry"

:yes: This is my favorite part. Just READING the lyrics gives me chills. New U2! Oh, joy! :happy:

Funny that you should bring this up right now. I was just writing to another U2 friend of mine and I said that these two lines were my favorites:

Let's see colours that have never been seen

I just love it when Bono writes like this. It's what I have come to expect of him: to write something so simple but that has such large implications.

(I hope you don't mind my coming in here to join the conversation. I'm new and just feeling my way around.)

First of all...Oi Camilo! :)

My fave part is exactly when the "acoustic" first part ends...when Edge first breaks in with his amazing guitar skills...that low sound gets me involved, it gets me to the stratosphere, really. Man...that?s hard without knowing the right words to convey my feelings...Right in the first chorus:

You're in my mind
All of the time
I know that's not enough
If the sky can crack
To love and only love

I have tried hard, these past two days, to really "follow" that guitar, it?s like a trip to me, pay attention and try to abstract Bono?s voice...it gets low and then high and then low again...I feel breathless, it?s like in Staring at the Sun, I wish there were an instrumental version just because of Edge and his grandeur. Now I feel the same with Electrical Storm.

U2LA said:

:up: These lines remind me on Walk On 'You're payking a suitacse for a place.....'

And I love the 'Baby don't cry....' parts.....it gives me honestly chills.....

U2LA said:

You're in my mind
All of the time
I know that's not enough
If the sky can crack
To love and only love

Electrical storm
Electrical storm
Electrical storm
Baby, don't cry"

And then of course....."RADIOOOOOOO ONEEE, RADIO ONE"...hope they leave that bit in;)

But I agree with you on the above bit, I dunno how many times I've heatrd it but this current listen is appealing to me more than ever, cool song!

It is difficult to choose among the different movements of this song, but if I had to choose a favorite part, it would have to be where Bono starts wailing at 2:50, without singing any lyrics. He is just expressing, conveying, and emoting this beautifully intense feeling right at that moment.

Right after that there is the line:

The sky can crack
To love and only love

Pure U2. That's all I can say...

AJ
:lmao:

First, Welcome U2Lynne!

Second, I have thus far avoided reading most of the threads critiquing the song. I want my intepretation to be my own until I've heard the song a few more times. With that said, so far my favorite part is simply the way Bono sings "E-lec-tri-cal Stoooorm" and his voice goes high.

The past three days we've had two nasty thunderstorms with a lot of lightning. One was this morning around 3:30 am. The loud thunder woke me (and the dog) up, so I'm lying there trying to go back to sleep. All I could think was "E-lec-tri-cal Stooooorm!" 15,000 people in my city were without power this morning, so the storm was a doozy. The winds were supposedly up to 80 mph. :eek:

But I digress... :D

Last edited:
so far it is the title
:heart: it:heart:it :heart: it

I haven't hear it yet U2LA, but i was listening to a friend sing yesterday and it made me realise what a very very very very very good singer Bono is. VERY!!!!
I mean I already have thought that for a long long time, but yesterday, my appreciation of his talent, deepened...a lot!!
So I look forward to the day...I am always 6 months behind on these critique threads....music and movies, c'est la vie:)
PEACE:wave:

cass, it would be a real pleasure for me to send you the song later thru AIM. Just wanted you to know that, cause I know you had problems downloading it. You know where and when you can find me. ;)

follower said:

You're in my mind
All of the time
I know that's not enough
If the sky can crack
To love and only love

I have tried hard, these past two days, to really "follow" that guitar, it?s like a trip to me, pay attention and try to abstract Bono?s voice...it gets low and then high and then low again...I feel breathless, it?s like in Staring at the Sun, I wish there were an instrumental version just because of Edge and his grandeur. Now I feel the same with Electrical Storm.

Oh yes!!!! :up:

U2LA said:
You're in my mind
All of the time
I know that's not enough
If the sky can crack
To love and only love

YES!!

* fuzzies *

Definitely the "Heeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyy" wails. I really feel this song is about Bob Hewson's passing, and I have to fight back tears when I hear such passionate wail; I think of saying goodbye to the poeple I love when I hear it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom