What's your favorite live version of Elevation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ltcf

The Fly
I never liked this song much until I heard it live on Vertigo tour. I love how they tease the audience for awhile almost accoustic with just a little guitar until they finally jam in with the drums and guitars.

The Vertigo DVD in Chicago is great but Bono does the "got a frog in my throat" thing which is cool but not the best for the mp3 collection.

Where would you suggest I look to find a really great live version of Elevation similar to the "accoustic" version I heard live?

Personally I prefer the original Album version,

All subsequent versions really haven't done it for me, though I prefer the elevation tour version to the vertigo sing-along.

Elevation Tour version without a single doubt. The remix at the start is a fantastic build up to the show...

I like both Elevation and Vertigo versions. I love in the Vertigo version where they get to 'excavation' they let Edge sing it. That's my favourite part from the Vertigo version... but i also love the Elevation version because it just rocks right out, right away.

I agree with Short,
Slane really rocks & they pump so much energy into that song .

Thats what I call a rock Concert and Ive been to 2 a few !

"Ill give you everything that you want except the thing that you want"

ya, I have to go with Irving and Slane as my two favorites.

funny though, I like the Vertigo tour version better. get's the crowd more into it.

The Brazil concert version was great :drool:

"predictably unpredictable"

Definitely the Vertigo version. You yell El-e-va-tion then get ready to go into the full band and they hold you off until the next verse...great.

Back
Top Bottom