What's your favorite Bono vocal on HTDAAB?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
1. Sometimes you can't make it on your own
2. Original of the species
3. A man and a woman

Last edited:
Hands down - SYCMIOYO. Starts out low and erupts into that tenor A and sustains it. Very beautiful. It'll be the highlight each and every night on the tour. It's already getting the applause and audible gasps it deserves during these promo tours.

The "Can you hear me when I sing, you're the reason I sing, you're the reason why the opera is in me" is just about the best mix of lyrics, vocals and music that U2 has ever done. So for me it is definitely Sometimes...

I think Bono's voice sounds absolutely phenomenal on this album, it literally has me amazed. I won't pick a fave song, just suffice to say every vocal on this album is just beautiful.

Love and Peace or Else, Crumbs and One Step Closer. I don't know why I love the vocals in them, but I think they all represent a different U2 era vocally for Bono. LAPOE is more AB styled, Crumbs is definitely JT and OSC is late 90's Bono.

SYCMIOYO overall, and I love the "Im alive, im being born i just arrived..." part from ABOY, blows me away, also the beginning of One Step Closer is so heartfelt and sweet *sweet awesome and sweet wholesome*

City of Blinding Lights. I don't know why, it's just feels like a new Bono to me.
Sometimes is no.2.

Can you hear me when I sing, you're the reason I sing, you're the reason why the opera is in me"

and the final verse of ABOY:drool:

I am hearing (and seeing lately) a new Bono on all the tracks--this album is great. Whatever he's been doing lately--he needs to keep it up, cause I think his voice is very strong. I esp love COBL.

LyricalDrug said:
Best vocal is SYCMIOYO, hands down. This is their best song since "One" and it's one of U2's four or five best songs ever, and Bono nails it.

Best on the album, nowhere near one i prefer tracks like Wake Up Deadman and a whole of songs after one mind but it's great.

Wow, I have to admit "Sometimes" is growing on me. Especially after the SNL performance and then Brooklyn. That "when I sing" part is astonishing. But, overall, I just can't get over how the song plods in the 2nd verse. My favorite vocal is on A Man and a Woman. "Man" may be the most flawless song U2 has ever done. It's tight, precise, gorgeous, moving, meaningful, hooky.

And I agree with anyone that says Bono's voice is better than it's been in a long, long time. Even back on the JT tour, he started in with this voice-from-the-depths-of-hell when he couldn't reach the high notes. Now, almost 20 years later, he's reaching notes I haven't heard since War. Did he quit smoking? Make a deal with the devil?

Original of the species with Sometimes being a close second.
The line "sugar come on/show your soul/your keeping your love/under control." Just the way Bono sings the "controoooool". It has to be one of Bono's most powerful notes in a long time. Just so intense.

Peace.

Sometimes..... HEAR ME WHEN I SING,,, Brought A tear to my eye... during Jonathon Ross,,, What an emotional vocal...
Only beaten by his heart wrenched KITE on tour when he fist mentioned his fathers decline,, (same topic same emotion)....

I have to say Sometimes, especially when he sings " the best that you can do is to fake it." the emotion and almost a cry. I also love city Of Blinding Lights, Oh You Look So Beautiful tonight, i love that part of the song.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom