whats wrong with the wanderer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love it. But I'd love even more to hear Bono's vocal on it some day, producers said it's one of his best vocals to date...maybe we'll see it someday.

I'll tell you what's wrong with it. It's the only song that's scratched on my Zooropa CD.

:mad:

Bono doesn't sing.

That's why it is as maligned as it is.

I reckon it's a decent song, yet it's not "purely" a U2 song

inmyplace13 said:
I'll tell you what's wrong with it. It's the only song that's scratched on my Zooropa CD.

:mad:

:lol: that's very sad. My Zooropa CD is kind of hopeless, good thing I have an iPod :wink:

I've only recently really come to appreciate The Wanderer. The bassline is kind of, I dunno, hokey...it's weird. But the lyrics are fantastic and Cash of course does a great job, though I would love to hear Bono's version.

The mother-fucking air-raid siren at the end is what's wrong with it.

Other than that, it's groovy.

good lyrics, I like Johnny Cash's voice... the music is okay, nothing great, but there is nothing wrong with this song

I reckon it's got some great lyrics, and Cash sings well - but I'd like to hear at least a verse from Bono in there. I like it - a deep and dark ending to the album - but it could be better.

Superb song, great way to close the album, with some of the B-man's best lyrics. I'd be curious to hear the Bono vocal version as well.

I think it bothers alot of fans to have the sonic equivalent of John Wayne strutting through a U2 record. Other than the siren, I think it's totally cool. I love how they call it, "The Wanderer starring Johnny Cash".

Ugh, no kidding.

Other than that, it's a good song, and you can't go wrong with some Johnny Cash.

I'm guessing this thread is a reaction to the "worst song survivor" poll. And while it's a good song, I just like the rest of the Zooropa songs better ... except for Babyface. :wink:

The Wanderer is fantastic. Anyone who says otherwise is just upset that Bono isn't singing.

Which they shouldn't be, because Johnny Cash totally owns this track.

:drool:

Oh, and the version on the Johnny Cash Best Of doesn't have the siren at the end, so it's much better to use for mix CDs and the like. :wink:

I LOVE that song! :love: The idea of having Johnny Cash singing a song in an album like Zooropa is greeat. The Wanderer has my favorite lyrics from that album. Just a great song! :up:

typhoon said:

I know I've mentioned this before...but for those who may not have saw it...

I crashed my dad's car while listening to Zooropa. Oddly enough, it was while listening to "Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car". I freaked out so much that I didn't even stop the car from running. I finally thought to right before the paramedics started to remove me from the vehicle.

After Dad got me from the hospital, we went to the garage the car had been towed to. Dad wanted to start it up, and when he did, it kicked into the siren sound at the end because that was where the CD had left off from earlier. Dad thought it was some kind of alarm system and started freaking out. :lol:

Bonochick said:

I know I've mentioned this before...but for those who may not have saw it...

I crashed my dad's car while listening to Zooropa. Oddly enough, it was while listening to "Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car". I freaked out so much that I didn't even stop the car from running. I finally thought to right before the paramedics started to remove me from the vehicle.

After Dad got me from the hospital, we went to the garage the car had been towed to. Dad wanted to start it up, and when he did, it kicked into the siren sound at the end because that was where the CD had left off from earlier. Dad thought it was some kind of alarm system and started freaking out. :lol:

I love that story.

Back
Top Bottom