whats with all the bad posts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

europop2005

Refugee
overrated songs, bad songs, idiotic songs...thats just page 1...geez...anything positive???

Yeah 'cause the last leg of the V tour was chock full of new material :hyper:

We're bored. U2 needs to release more material for us to argue about.

Well... there are the 2 appreciation threads, even if they were probably started in jest. LOL.

Anyway, I guess this is what happens during U2 dry spells. :wink:

Bored people w/ no lives, that's what's with all the bad posts:madspit:

Oh hell it's fun. You certainly don't want all fake sweetness and light do you? Bleh! :yuck:

Axver said:

Stop making bad posts and having a different opinion. :angry:

:wink:

fine:madspit:

U2 are the best rock band in the whole fucking world....and they haven't made
a single bad album and never will

Negativity.jpg

indra said:
Oh hell it's fun. You certainly don't want all fake sweetness and light do you? Bleh! :yuck:

Heck no! Those kind of posts annoy me just as much as the current bunch!

Both types show a lack of creativity...:(

indra said:

Hmm, I wouldn't say positive threads are "fake sweetness and light". LOL. I think most of them are genuine.

Last edited:
SpaceOddity said:

On the flip side, are you saying that positive threads are "fake sweetness and light"? Hmm... I don't know. LOL. I think most of them are genuine.

If all that is allowed is "positive" threads and comments, then yes, they lose their meaning and become fake. Having both "positive" and "negative" threads keeps that yin/yang balance. :yes:

I actually like to read why people dislike certain songs (when they give reasons). Sometimes the critiques are more completely thought through for a disliked song (especially by a band you like) than for a liked one. And that makes sense -- if you like a song there is really no reason to figure out why, but if you really dislike a song (again, by a band you like) many people want to figure out what it is about that song that doesn't work for them. So that process can be interesting.

Of course many people don't expound on why they don't like a song other than to say it sucks, but the posts of the people who do make for interesting reading.

A bit off the subject, but worth pondering:

In college in one of my painting classes our final assignment was to do one painting using our three favourite colours and one painting using our three least favourite colours. In every single case the paintings using the three least favourite colours were far, far better than the ones using the three favourite colours. Because we didn't like the colours we made up for it in the design.

I think in many cases the same thing can be done in so-called negative threads or topics.

And if you really hate the threads, don't post in them and start another thread. :shrug:

^^ :laugh: :laugh:

I don't know what's the problem with these kind of threads. No one thinks U2 made only good songs across 25 years, I don't know what's the problem about discussing the worst and the ridiculous songs. Some people really need to stop being blind about u2...

Would bad posts be OK if they were "Bad" posts instead? We could have a dozen threads about Bad.

But no negativity, just sunshine & puppies :)

I don't think there is such thing as a "bad" post if it is honest.

Thing is, just about every subject on U2 has been done to death. It's what fans do. Fans (with their "good" and "bad" posts) have the same tendency to become parodies of themselves that bands do.

I agree, there have been some lame posts. Like top 5 plain average U2 songs or whatever. That's really stretching it. If you're bored, do something else.

Axver said:

Stop making bad posts and having a different opinion. :angry:

Since this thread is basically a free-for-all at this point, I'd like to mention that I found your Zooropa review on rateyourmusic and found it awesome. :drool:

"Achtung Baby this, Achtung Baby that. Try discussing nineties U2 with anyone and you're pretty likely to hear about how good Achtung Baby was. Problem is, Achtung Baby kinda sucks. Zooropa, in contrast, does not."

:laugh: I knew it was physically impossible for anyone but you to hate Achtung Baby. :lol:

Now THIS is a bad post. :drool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom