What's "WILATW" about?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is my first time in this forum, and I am intrigued at what is going on. Well, we can see that Diamond is really living up to the title of this thread saying "Everything YOU know is WRONG" I didn't know you were supposed to take the title so literally....
wink.gif

------------------
"I invented cool, and YOU"RE on a boat with me."- Larry

"On security, the bodyguard of the band; the man who gave us our first job, and keeps us in our first job. On the drums- LARRY...MULLEN..JR!!!!"
-Bono introducing Larry, Boston, June 6, 2001

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:

You were serious about ACTUALLY CONVERSATING w/Bono about this?
If so please elaborate..
it's quite interesting, but i'd rather do it by email if you're actually interested. avenu2@aol.com

is this thread about when i look at the world? Cause reading all the replies, I got completely lost! Having not read a single thing on what Bono meant by the song, when you are ignorant, it seems like he is telling someone he just can't see the world like they do, and that someone can be a bunch of someone's, Jesus, Ali, and many others at the same time. I am still laughing about its to the Pope! Bono would be writing this to the Pope? Please elaborate.

I am now leaving this thread GRACEFULLY.

My initial hope is truly this..
I dont want songs misinterpreted..
or else-
Songs suuch as Kite-will now be a song about the lead singer of INXS.
or
In A Little While -will become a song written about Joey Ramone.
and
Sunday Bloody Sunday will be about Ground Hog Day.
It was never my intention to offend. I am just a spirited brash debater at times..
Good bye ppl..

Peace
Out,
Diamond

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
-curious? click
links for
Bono/Dimon-
Bos.4 Story
Pics..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

OH BROTHER..
The Pope?
WRONG.
Its about 2 ppl figuring out who is genuine about a relationship and who is not..
This is an easy one..

Diamond

BostoAnne-
And I will take resposibility for this intial response and APOLOGIZE to Actung..
Very poor dimonform..

What was I thinkin?
DB9

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
-curious? click
links for
Bono/Dimon-
Bos.4 Story
Pics..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

[This message has been edited by Diamond The U2 Patriot (edited 12-06-2001).]

Just one final comment...

and I dont post every 2 mins about Bos. 4 !

Well, technically you do, because your signature line has that "-curious? click links/arizonautoweb.com" everytime you post, and you post about every 2 minutes.

simp09.jpg
jd2.gif

[This message has been edited by U2Bama (edited 12-06-2001).]

I dont think DB9 meant anything in a derogatory way,it was more friendly.Just being a bit playful there.Of course, easy for others to misinterpret.

But I have to admit it would piss me off if Bono really wrote this song for the Pope originally. I hope he didnt.

[OH BROTHER..
The Pope?
WRONG.
Its about 2 ppl figuring out who is genuine about a relationship and who is not..
This is an easy one..

Diamond

Diamond, Auxtung Beibi was sharing his opinion and you didn't treat him nicely. Don't you know that if you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all?

Maybe next time you could have just said "I think" or "I read" that "Its about 2 ppl figuring out who is genuine about a relationship and who is not..".

Maybe then this tread wouldn't have turned into the battle it has.

[This message has been edited by BostonAnne (edited 12-06-2001).]

I was at Boston 3, not at 4!! Didnt have much luck with tickets for the first leg!

------------------
God has got his phone off the hook, babe...Would he even pick up if he could?

Originally posted by U2Commie:

The second verse is about his baby son (he and Ali just had Elijah Bob right before the making of the album):

"When the night is someone else's
And you're trying to get some sleep
When your thoughts are too expensive
To ever want to keep"

Wow I had never though about that. ANd you know what it makes perfect sense, plus it's pretty damn cute. But I also think that some verses are about God and Ali, although I must admit that for a time I did think that there was some reference to the Pope. He is Irish after all, and I mean he did meet the guy. I am thinking particularly of the lyrics:
I can't see what you see
when I look at the world

in reference to his similar ideals, but different stances (birth control, gays, etc.) SO anyway yes I think primarily God, babies and Ali, maybe the pope.

------------------
Please repeat the message, it's the music that we choose.
http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~kljense3/MrTvs.html

Back
Top Bottom