What's u2 worth? what's this site worth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

V Nura

Refugee
I'm curious, How mcuh do people think u2 is worth in the big picture, in the long ru or whatever, and what about this site to?

MY opinion is that u2 and this site are very small parts of life, and if they became large parts of my life it would be pretty lame. And there are times then I think all this does become too large a part of life. anyways..this thread is abotu what YOU ppl think.

Hmmm...

Well, U2 is a part of my life everyday...the music I listen to, the videos I watch. I also spend a vast majority of my free time at Interference (surprise, surprise!).
wink.gif

The key words are "free time"...I don't let U2 or this place consume my life. I still always have my homework done and things like that. I don't let my "real world" suffer because of my "U2 world"...however, I like to merge the two together whenever possible...
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

U2 is Priceless. It's music. Quality music. They are truly "great" and there is precious little "Greatness" left in the world. One can never put a price on such a thing.
As for this site, well, its very valuable too. Its a place for the world to connect over something they love. Thats important. You cant compare things like this site with other, vitally important things in life. its just apples and oranges.

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

U2 is a big part of life is music is big to you.

Some people it's SPORTS.
Some people it's ART/PAINTING/SCULPTURE, etc
Some people it's WORKING FOR A CAUSE
Some people it's CHARITY, HELPING
Some people it's MUSIC.

U2 is huge for me at least. Music is huge. It helps me when I'm down. It's like a lover --> excluding all their bad qualities/habits
smile.gif
, so U2 is better than a lover.

2 GAs - $95.95
1 Month of unlimited Bandwidth - $4999.99
1 Best Of cd - $17.00
Bono, the Edge, Adam, Lary - Priceless

for everything else, theres MacPhisto-Card.

Originally posted by baker6621:
U2 is a big part of life is music is big to you.

Some people it's SPORTS.
Some people it's ART/PAINTING/SCULPTURE, etc
Some people it's WORKING FOR A CAUSE
Some people it's CHARITY, HELPING
Some people it's MUSIC.

U2 is huge for me at least. Music is huge. It helps me when I'm down. It's like a lover --> excluding all their bad qualities/habits
smile.gif
, so U2 is better than a lover.

1.) Remind me to NEVER touch a cd case in your house

2.) so basically instead of workign towards a cause, or helping people, or doing something constructive..your listening to a rock band?..sounds like u2 is a destructive thing

I'm playign devils advocate...I just really want to see what people think

Originally posted by spanisheyes:
Hmmm...seems like your life took on more U2 dimension when you were brought up on stage with the band...a cool thing, but all of sudden, we saw you here everyday...interesting.

Chris

well apparantly you don't realize that I've helped to run this place for over a year...and made new media

ARUN V:

You missed my point. I'm talking about what INSPIRES people more than anything. Yes - I love donating but it doesn't inspire me like U2 does. Come over, we can fling U2 CD's if you want, CD's are pieces of plastic. U2's music is in our soul and we can hear it whenever we want.

1 2 Track Elevation Van Dyke CD on Ebay:$486
1 11 track ATYCLB: $12.65
One Guiness drink at "Mustang" NYC: $6.85

Hearing "Influx" live when U2 is about to come on:

ABSOLUTLEY PRICELESS!

ARUN V:

You missed my point. I'm talking about what INSPIRES people more than anything. Yes - I love donating but it doesn't inspire me like U2 does. Come over, we can fling U2 CD's if you want, CD's are pieces of plastic. U2's music is in our soul and we can hear it whenever we want.

well first off the comment about not touching cd's was a comment about you saying u2 was better than a lover

baker you answered my question then...u2 inspires you to do stuff. Now I wonder..does everyone share the same sentiment?

1 2 Track Elevation Van Dyke CD on Ebay:$486
1 11 track ATYCLB: $12.65
One Guiness drink at "Mustang" NYC: $6.85

Hearing "Influx" live when U2 is about to come on:

ABSOLUTLEY PRICELESS!

'Scuse me... *cough cough RIPOFF cough cough*

I just said somethin very similar to that. I have the artistic liscence to rip off mastercard, but you dont. LOL
tongue.gif

This site's monetary value is little, but U2 mean a lot to a lot of people so to belittle people who feel that way is somewhat churlish. A lot of time, as people have said, music is used as inspiration, and for some people idols are "cultivated" by people to replace things that are missing in their life, and that's their choice. It is harmless.

Maybe your own life is full enough and rich enough to do without these thoughts and beliefs, but others aren't. So don't knock them!

------------------
Looking for explanations? Well I don't even understand

Originally posted by bullet the blue sky:
This site's monetary value is little, but U2 mean a lot to a lot of people so to belittle people who feel that way is somewhat churlish. A lot of time, as people have said, music is used as inspiration, and for some people idols are "cultivated" by people to replace things that are missing in their life, and that's their choice. It is harmless.

Maybe your own life is full enough and rich enough to do without these thoughts and beliefs, but others aren't. So don't knock them!

I never did...I just want to know how ppl feel and I admitted I was playign devils advocate...amazing you can post 525 times..but not read one thread properly. - now that..is a churlish comment

I think U2 is about Love and Hope, and there are very few people or groups that work for this so tirelessly, that they really are important in the big picture. They are involved in international humanitarian efforts, they travel the world speaking to people of all stations about all kinds of important issues. They make music that touches the hearts of the world. You can pass this off as do goodism or really admire it and let it inspire you to do some of the same good things in your own life.

This forum is worth something, because U2 wouldn't be great without it's fans, and here we are, meeting behind the scenes so to speak. I just saw pictures of MSG#3 and read a fan review. That's priceless. And it's a chance to share ideas, like now, with people from all over who share a common interest.

I am pretty sure being part of this forum is now a prerequisite for getting on stage with the band
smile.gif

Originally posted by DebbieSG:
I think U2 is about Love and Hope, and there are very few people or groups that work for this so tirelessly, that they really are important in the big picture. They are involved in international humanitarian efforts, they travel the world speaking to people of all stations about all kinds of important issues. They make music that touches the hearts of the world. You can pass this off as do goodism or really admire it and let it inspire you to do some of the same good things in your own life.

This forum is worth something, because U2 wouldn't be great without it's fans, and here we are, meeting behind the scenes so to speak. I just saw pictures of MSG#3 and read a fan review. That's priceless. And it's a chance to share ideas, like now, with people from all over who share a common interest.

well put DebbieSG
smile.gif

Any force that can bring people from various walks of life together and, more importantly, act as such a positive influence in one's life is certainly worth something IMO.

So despite all the crap that gets posted on the forums....your starting to convince me it's worth something.

[This message has been edited by Arun V (edited 10-28-2001).]

They are my favourite band, so...how important is music to me? A fair bit. Like Baker says(I won't go as far as the lover comment
biggrin.gif
) they help when I'm down, help me spell out some thoughts and feelings sometimes that I have managed to get muddled up. Their music is a part of my life, mainly though it is just a pleasure. You know, like nice women, nice people, guinness, or nice honeycomb icecream, good movies, U2! It's not like my life relies on them. They just make it more enjoyable at times.

This site, honestly? Not that important at all. God, if a site was I'd be seeking help. It's a nice source of info, but not important to me at all.

U2 is a huge part of my life in so many ways and I am not ashamed of that one bit.

Interference is not, but some of the people here have become very special to me.

Oh, and Arun V, I think you are a little harsh and your devil's advocate playing is wearing thin.

------------------
"I'm staring at the sun, not the only one who's happy to go blind..."

Originally posted by Angel:

Oh, and Arun V, I think you are a little harsh and your devil's advocate playing is wearing thin.

well you know unless i offend people...they dont'seem to post.

Originally posted by ~unforgettableFOXfire~:
'Scuse me... *cough cough RIPOFF cough cough*

I just said somethin very similar to that. I have the artistic liscence to rip off mastercard, but you dont. LOL
tongue.gif

Which do you think is a ripoff? The drink or the CD....
smile.gif

Arun V, I find it surprising that after you got on stage with U2 and had 20,000 people looking and cheering for you you still question what they mean to us. Interesting...

Originally posted by Arun V:
well you know unless i offend people...they dont'seem to post.

And what is that supposed to mean? You're first post was enough to get people talking, but you don't have to hack down and critisize everything they say. That's all.

------------------
"I'm staring at the sun, not the only one who's happy to go blind..."

Arun V, I find it surprising that after you got on stage with U2 and had 20,000 people looking and cheering for you you still question what they mean to us. Interesting...

Originally posted by Angel:
And what is that supposed to mean? You're first post was enough to get people talking, but you don't have to hack down and critisize everything they say. That's all.

I told people what I'm doing...if they read it and still cant' handle it..it's their problem not mine..and I'm not playing devils advocate when i say that. And Baker, we all go through times in our life when we look at our lives as a whole and wonder..and reasess...getting pulled on stage was amazing, but there are other things in my life that do have an impact on the way I view u2 and my life. This is part of my exploration.

Originally posted by Arun V:
This is part of my exploration.

Ummm...What are the other parts???

* claps her hand over her mouth before she goes too far *

Sorry!
redface.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 10-28-2001).]

U2 isnt WORTH anything.
This site isn't WORTH anything.

<sarcasm>

If people didn't enjoy and love U2, this site wouldnt have 6000 registered members for a U2 forum.

For an intelligent guy, you're asking for the answer to a very easy equation with a very obvious answer.

Perhaps the attention of playing devil's advocate is what you crave?

And for you Arun, I know the importance of this site, and the importance of U2... because some of the people that have carried you through, and been there for you, hace been friends that you have made from this forum - during what has been the hardest time of your life yet.

I understand what you're going through, and why, but why take it out on others, why drag others down? Now is a time to see the positive in everything, to enjoy everything as you have it, and when you have it.

NOW. Thats the only time to live in.

You're friend, fan-site-co-worker-u2-nut, and Elvis in devil's horns,

------------------
Mr. MacPhisto ^-^
macphisto@u2wdd.org
http://u2wdd.org

Elvis is dead.

Now that ladies in gentleman is an answer...not only did he answer the question..but he put me in line.

Back
Top Bottom