whats this comment mean?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MattFromNYC

War Child
By Bono...

"You know, if you tell people that the best place to have sex is in the safe hands of a loving relationship, you may be telling a lie! There may be other places. If the question is, can I as a married man write about sex with a stranger, 'yes' has got to be the answer. I've got to write about that because that is part of the subject I'm writing about. You have to try and expose some myths, even if they expose you along the way. I don't want to talk about my own relationship, because I've too much respect for Ali to do so. What I'm saying to you is, I may or may not be writing from my own experience on some of these, but that doesn't make it any less real."

It means that Bono doesn't have to always write about his own experiences. He can use his artistic imagination.

Thought that one would have been fairly obvious. I'm more than happy to leave that question as an unknown as well. I don't care about Bono's personal life at all. Wouldn't make me think less of him if one of those supermodels ever got a bit too close (just more than a bit jealous), but at the same time I'd never want him to 110% rule it out and therefore declare those lyrics as 110% in his imagination, because it does take a bit of a shine off them. Not in a U2-Bono sense, but just when lyrics or any writing sounds that open and personal, you like to think that it really is, that you are hearing someone open up, not making something up. The odd story is out there in both directions, and I know what I think, and I also know I never want him to confirm or deny it.

I see a theme to your posts.:shifty:

Is it you're worried or want to try and expose some BS?

doubleU: i'm worried.. not trying to expose anything... wtf?

most people here know i'm a U2 fan (im always over on the music section looking for bootlegs, which ive been collecting for a long time now) and i go to their shows, i try to at least once every tour.. i buy all of their albums, i listen to them daily, bono is a big idol of mine and has been since i was a freekin' teenager. i just get overly curious and then i hear or read something and then my mind goes crazy with it until i ask someone else and what they think or if they could clarify it for me.

i admit, i overdo it, sometimes. but i certainly am not trying to 'expose' anything...

so why did you think it needed to be posted here too?

while you may not have been the starter of the other thread, it's still cross-posting. if a thread's in pleba, it doesn't need to be posted in eykiw too, and vice versa. the mods are getting sick and tired of telling you this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom