What's the usual gap between new singles and albums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
with U2, usually about 2 months lately.

discotheque was released 2 months before pop, and beautiful day was released a little under 2 months before atyclb. i suspect the same with this album, because obviously with how long it has been since U2 was in the spotlight, they're definitely going to want to have the time to build the hype up for their new album.

Yeah, that's mostly correct. The Fly came out in late September and Achtung Baby came out in mid November, so not quite two months. And you're right on with Discotheque and B-Day. Maybe we'll get a leak like we did with Electrical Storm....hmmm:hmm:

according to the Singles list on Intefernce lyrics
Stay (faraway so close!) was relaesed in November 1993.....and the u2 book says Zoorpa came out in July 93.

but werent Lemon & Numb released as singles as well.....i'm sure someone else will know...

Numb was released as a video single. I don't know when it was released exactly. But the situation with Zooropa isn't representative, since that album came together so quickly. The discography at http://www.u2wanderer.org says the video was released in June 1993. So that would make the first airing at the track (and I have it still on video when they first showed the video on MTV) a few weeks earlier, meaning mid-May or early June. Which is again close to 2 months. :)
As the others have said, the period between releasing the first single and the actual album is usually around 2 months. That way the single can gain momentum, so the album will be released when the single is around its maximum exposure.

C ya!

Marty

Back
Top Bottom