What's the big deal, ATYCLB and HTDAAB are good albums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2democrat said:

:yes:

Call me a sheep, but I :heart: every single U2 album :p

You're not a ship, I love every album U2 has put out. That's called enjoying the band work and to understand why they make this way, why they are in that stage, and not that way or not the way we wish it was.:wink:

Aygo said:
:lmao: :reject:

I can't believe I mixed homophone words like these... Ahahah!
Tireness is taking control on me...
I'm going to bed... c ya tomorrow, mates:wink:

maybe you're homophonic

HTDAB is growing on me steadily.

How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb started as a disappointment for me because I bought into the Bono blabber and got excited about the Sex Pistols guy working on it. I was expecting a dirty and angry album and was intrigued about U2 sounding dirty and angry (I still like the idea, by the way.)

Expectations being removed...I have found that I like the album on its own and for its own merits. The same thing happened for me on Pop.

COBL_04 said:

Ever since I have joined I have adamantly argued this point. The next albums that U2 release may be good, but it will 'pale in comparison to AB' or somtimes JT. A lot of people here say that don't like the last two because they are crap compared to AB, JT, etc.

Don't compare it and you may find a ripper album!

:scream:

AB pales when compared to a lot of things.

It's still a good album though. :sexywink:

I'm one of those people that got back into U2 when I heard how good ATYCLB was. I was extremely turned off by the weirdness of the mid-90's. I ran from this band after things like the album Zooropa, the video for Numb, and the fucked up outfits Bono wore during Zoo TV. They had gone way too over the top for me. Thank god for the 2001 tour....they finally looked and acted normal again.

WalkOnTheEdge said:
I ran from this band after things like the album Zooropa, the video for Numb, and the fucked up outfits Bono wore during Zoo TV.

But.. but they were so freakin' cool during that period! :(

Numb
Lemon
Stay

..videos. :cool:

:drool: :love: :heart: :combust: :faint: :dead:

Chizip said:
i think we all know by now that bono is a dirty pervert

I think we all know by now that Bono posts under the username Chizip here. Dirty pervert.

I also enjoy ATYCLB and HTDAAB. They both have some great songs and defenitly earn a place in the history of U2.

Although i do enjoy the Achtung - Zooropa - POP period more im still loving their new stuff.

I think part of the problem with ATYCLB & HTDAAB (could they go back to 1- or 2-word album titles so we could ditch these f*cking acronyms???) is that they were marketed as "U2's return to their 80's roots" or whatever, which I guess is superficially true, but these albums fall waaay short when compared to albums like JT, UF etc. Meanwhile, the fans who loved the direction the band took in the 90's were turned off by the direction the 00's albums headed. So in effect you had one group of fans dismissing them as "back to the tired '80's" while another group was going "they were supposed to put out an old-school U2 rock record and they came up with THIS poppy thing?"

Did that make any kind of sense?

Oh and I rather like ATYCLB and HTDAAB...I don't love them, but they're far better than Zooropa :)

If I had a choice between keeping Zooropa (just the song) and losing The Bomb in it's entirety forever, never to hear a track off it again - or - Keeping the Bomb forever and never ever hearing Zooropa again.... Easy decision. :drool:

Earnie Shavers said:
If I had a choice between keeping Zooropa (just the song) and losing The Bomb in it's entirety forever, never to hear a track off it again - or - Keeping the Bomb forever and never ever hearing Zooropa again.... Easy decision. :drool:

So have you assumed that...

U2 R.I.P. 1980 - 2000? :(

CTU2fan: think part of the problem with ATYCLB & HTDAAB (could they go back to 1- or 2-word album titles so we could ditch these f*cking acronyms???) is that they were marketed as "U2's return to their 80's roots" or whatever, which I guess is superficially true, but these albums fall waaay short when compared to albums like JT, UF etc. Meanwhile, the fans who loved the direction the band took in the 90's were turned off by the direction the 00's albums headed. So in effect you had one group of fans dismissing them as "back to the tired '80's" while another group was going "they were supposed to put out an old-school U2 rock record and they came up with THIS poppy thing?"
agree! imo the main problem i have with the last 2 albums is that they sound too poppy and the lyrics of the so called bomb aren't just good quality at all.

I love the new U2. I liked 80's U2 but it in their youth they painted everything with broader brush strokes, as is customary for youth to do.

I just don't buy into the whole Austin Powers "let's dry freeze the band so that they wear mullets, campy cowboy hats and vests forever" thing

the new albums, if they sound lighter and less angry come from a place of experience...from a place of knowing that 3 chords and the truth may stop the traffic...but they sure as hell ain't gonna change the world. And while they do continue rants on world affairs; they spend just as much time now on what needs attention from within.

I was admired that the 2000's detractors were not showing up and tell us their tales again. I was getting disapointed about them... Glad you came! Threads without bashing and the same old story don't feel the same anymore...:|

Zootlesque said:
:dancing:

Aygo, I hope you're not bunching me in that group. :(

< :angel:

LOL
I was not properly refering about you, Zoots. I know your behaviour in this forum, and despite we don't agree with each other many times,you seem accurate to me and make an effort for not turing this forum in a boring thing.

I don't want to bunch anyone...:wink: , is just that I can't get any other way to answer against these annoying posts that look like politicians talk...

i really like htdaab and i do like atyclb, i just dont think its as good as some previous work

Back
Top Bottom