What's the best U2 soundtrack song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pick the best soundtrack song

• The Hands That Built America

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me

Votes: 54 70.1%
  • The Ground Beneath Her Feet

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Stateless

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Mission Impossible remix

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Foxxern

Refugee
Now that we've all had time to let THTBA set in, how does it compare to the other big soundtrack songs U2 have done? HMTMKMKM was obviously a pretty big hit, and TGBHF was a lesser hit, but I think both are excellent songs too. Stateless, though far less popular, was a pretty good song too from the MDH soundtrack. I included the Mission Impossible remix because, even though it was only Adam and Larry, it still was a pretty big hit, and a great mix. So pick the best song written specifically for a movie soundtrack.

Gotta go with HMTMKMKM, that?s a great, great song. Although I read somewhere that the song was not written expecifically for the film Batman Forever but it would be a Zooropa left over or something...does anybody know about that?

Ooh...I think I'll go with "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" as well. It is, as someone once said in a review of that soundtrack on the Epinions.com site, "a bitchin' U2 song". :D.

"The Hands That Built America" and "The Ground Beneath Her Feet" are cool, too, though (and hey, let's not forget "If God Will Send His Angels", from the "City Of Angels" movie as well as "Elevation" from the "Tomb Raider" movie).

Angela

follower said:
Gotta go with HMTMKMKM, that?s a great, great song. Although I read somewhere that the song was not written expecifically for the film Batman Forever but it would be a Zooropa left over or something...does anybody know about that?

yeah that is in the BP Fallon book 'U2, Faraway so close"

:)

little boy blue said:
How "elevation" was left off, I'll never know :rolleyes:

Elevation wasn't written specifically as a soundtrack song. Even though it was slightly remixed, it still originally appeared on ATYCLB, so I'm not counting it in this poll. If I had included it, I would have had to include All I Want Is You, The First Time, ISHFWILF, IGWSHA, and several others as well. I thought about adding Stay, but in the end decided not to.

Foxxern said:

Elevation wasn't written specifically as a soundtrack song. Even though it was slightly remixed, it still originally appeared on ATYCLB, so I'm not counting it in this poll. If I had included it, I would have had to include All I Want Is You, The First Time, ISHFWILF, IGWSHA, and several others as well. I thought about adding Stay, but in the end decided not to.

Ah-ha, I got ya Foxx

my brain doesn't always work ;)

:) Cheers

little boy blue said:

yeah that is in the BP Fallon book 'U2, Faraway so close"

:)

Cool. Thanks. Another reason to finish reading that book actually, LOL. Yes, I have it, still haven?t read it though...Just look at the pictures, they are definitely great :D

follower said:

Cool. Thanks. Another reason to finish reading that book actually, LOL. Yes, I have it, still haven?t read it though...Just look at the pictures, they are definitely great :D

yeah the book doesn't exactly tell a story in any order, but i think that part may be in the beginning of the book

and you are very welcome

cheers :)

THTBA are secondH, but it has to be:

HMTMKMKM! Just for the sake of hearing Bono moan over and over again! :drool:

I think the BEST one is missing in this poll, I doubt that any movie in history would have a better beggining than the way Bono opens In The Name Of The Father.

rafmed said:
I think the BEST one is missing in this poll, I doubt that any movie in history would have a better beggining than the way Bono opens In The Name Of The Father.

Yeah that's another one I really considered adding, but then it is a Bono solo project. Although the MI remix is just Adam and Larry, but it was such a huge radio hit... oh well it was just a personal choice I guess.

follower, u should read the book. bp fallon's writing style is hilarious. i found it an extremely intersting read and got as close to the bible more than any other u2 book out there.

i went with the cs lewis song

Goldeneye by Tina Turner... hey, it was written by Bono and Edge ;)

In all seriousness, do I really need to tell ya which one I picked?

Dressin' like your sister
Livin' like a tart
You don't know what you're doing
Babe it must be art
You're a headache... in a suitcase
You're a star

... and I've gotta go with Bill Flanigan's Until THe End Of The World over BP's book... if just for the stolen boat story alone.

Last edited:
rafmed said:

I agree that is a great one, but I think its "technically" not a U2 song, like Billy Boola. I voted for Ground Beneath Her Feet, great tune! :yes:

How could you all be forgetting the BEST soundtrack song ever (that was indeed written specifically for a soundtrack)???

STAY (FARAWAY SO CLOSE)

This song was originally written for the Wim Wenders movie, Faraway, So Close, and was condensed from its original form for the Zooropa album. Sheesh, come on people!! ;)

Last edited:
I'm going with HMTMKMKM. As noted, the lyrics are great. And the sound of it fits the movie perfectly. Plus a really cool video.

Back
Top Bottom