What's that red star on Bono's jacket?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryancoke

Babyface
I've seen it everywhere. He even had it on the shirt he was wearing for the Mick Jagger documentary. Maybe I'm too much of a newbie for all things "U2" and missed the significance but what is that thing?

btw, nice to see "Walk On" on Leno tonight.

I wanna know too.

11zrolleyes.gif

Originally posted by ladywithspinninghead:

Oh and what was on his button??

I remember reading somewhere earlier this year that a fan gave him a button w/ a picture of a friend or family member-not sure which-who had died, and Bono put it on his guitar.

Not sure if this is the same button though.

it IS a red star

what more do you want to know?

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Okay I don't want to say this of course but we all know the obvious that the red star is the symbol of -gulp- communism. Of course Bono is no communist,he is rich and he was happy the Berlin wall fell but it is strange he has such a thing for that red star. Maybe he just thinks it looks pretty on him.

------------------
***Just a U2 lovin' girl!***

These pricks in night's veil suggest, to Christians, "the Light shining in the darkness, the Light that darkness could not overpower". Or as Mithras put it: "I am a star which goes with thee and shines out of the depths." Stars stand for the spirit, piercing the darkness as an expression of their triumph against the overwhelming odds of oblivion."

------------------
***Here There and Everywhere***

*commercial break*

I'm watchin' the concert with my folks, and Dad asked, "What does that red star mean?" *lol*

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by ladywithspinninghead:

Oh and what was on his button??

if you are referring to the button on leno i believe it was a picture of the burmese activist aung san suu kyi, whom 'walk on' was dedicated to(look at your atyclb booklet).

as i watched the leno performance with a friend of mine, he took one look at bono and said 'the red star, symbol of eternal life'. i don't know, i've never heard that but apparently within the punk community(he's in a gta area band) that's what the red star symbolizes.

------------------
Kobayashi's bizarre use of colour, superfast editing and extreme camera angles, coupled with a hilariously deadpan performance by Toshiro Takemitsu as the inspector who discovers a whole family of ghosts travelling without valid tickets, remains without peer.

Originally posted by kobayashi:
if you are referring to the button on leno i believe it was a picture of the burmese activist aung san suu kyi, whom 'walk on' was dedicated to(look at your atyclb booklet).

as i watched the leno performance with a friend of mine, he took one look at bono and said 'the red star, symbol of eternal life'. i don't know, i've never heard that but apparently within the punk community(he's in a gta area band) that's what the red star symbolizes.

Uh I'm not sure what your punks up there are on aboot, but speaking for the punk community in both the Chi town and Seattle areas, sometimes a red star is just a red star.
Here that is pretty much an indie rock thing actually. Tons of indie kids all have star tatoos, although not nessisarily red in color. Um one of my friends has a tattoo if the kiwi shoe polsih kiwi, we think that's pretty feckin punk, but hey.
Anyway synopsis, crazy Canadian punks with stars, maybe. In the states, nope.
Abortions for some, miniature american flags for others.

------------------
Please repeat the message, it's the music that we choose. http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~kljense3/MrTvs.html

[This message has been edited by notiti (edited 11-25-2001).]

we're on somethin' pretty sweet up here notiti.

------------------
Kobayashi's bizarre use of colour, superfast editing and extreme camera angles, coupled with a hilariously deadpan performance by Toshiro Takemitsu as the inspector who discovers a whole family of ghosts travelling without valid tickets, remains without peer.

Originally posted by kobayashi:
we're on somethin' pretty sweet up here notiti.

*licks lips and groans*

can I have some?

------------------
Please repeat the message, it's the music that we choose.
http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~kljense3/MrTvs.html

Back
Top Bottom