What's on the DVD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adam3000

Acrobat
I just bought the Complete U2 and a friend suprised me with a gift of the HTDAAB CD so I'm not going to go out and purchase other versions. I got the couch performances of Vertico, STYCMIOYO and CBOL from the net. What else is on the DVD? Anyone got a good description? Or more :wink:

Some interviews with the band and some producers (Steve and Flood), and the Vertigo Temple Bar mix which is hilarious!

TheFlyOnTheWall said:
Some interviews with the band and some producers (Steve and Flood), and the Vertigo Temple Bar mix which is hilarious!

What do the producers have to say about the album?

Sth about the process of making the album, their job...
Flood says "but ultimately it's the band who drives everything."
Steve says that they tried to stop Bono to play the guitar but they didn't succeded completely. Also, how Bono wrote the SYCMIOYO chorus in '2 secs' after he said them that it lacks the chorus.

but i would buy just and only because of Vertigo Temple Mix...
i hope they do more mixes like that one ;)

jendzi said:
but i would buy just and only because of Vertigo Temple Mix...
i hope they do more mixes like that one ;)

Yeah, LOVE the part when Bono asks The Edge: "Right?" And then The Edge goes rocking on the banjo :lol: , and the end with the "yeahs"!!:wink:

hmm..you have to go to the track menu of your dvd player and there you'll find the titles (there are nine in the dvd and the easter egg is the 9th). i dont know whats your dvd player so i dont know how to explain :slant:

btw, the easter egg is the lyrics of sycmioyo written by bono...

probably, there`s another way to see it, because when you`re in the 'one by one' menu with sycmioyo (Studio Performance) selected, if you press 'left' the red X disappears :eyebrow:

well...try it! :wink:

rmobhz said:
hmm..you have to go to the track menu of your dvd player and there you'll find the titles (there are nine in the dvd and the easter egg is the 9th). i dont know whats your dvd player so i dont know how to explain :slant:

probably, there`s another way to see it, because when you`re in the 'one by one' menu with sycmioyo (Studio Performance) selected, if you press 'left' the red X disappears :eyebrow:

And what if i don't have DVD player, just the one on the computer?!!

i`m sorry man...i dont know :(

but i took a picture from my tv ;)

dvdhtdaabee.jpg

rmobhz said:

Thanks for the tip! :D I'll check it out...

EASTER EGG!

from @u2 forum:

AchtungBubba wrote on 11/23/2004 at 05:19 PM PST:
GOT IT!

(Did some searching on my own, saw a seeming glitch/Easter Egg opening in the DVD menu, saw this thread, went back to the menu and tried again.)

- From the "One by One" menu, move the X to "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (STUDIO VERSION)," then...

- LEFT TWICE.

- DOWN ONCE.

- RIGHT ONCE.

- UP ONCE.

A tiny X should appear, and that leads to a 20-second still shot of three "On Your Own" lyric pages.

Woo-hoo!

I can't believe how great this DVD was, I was expecting what we have gotten in the past with the DVD singles or the Best of 1990-2000 DVD that came with the album, but this was

41 minutes long!!!

Temple Bar is classic, next time I see Edge I'm asking him to whip out a banjo!!

I love Larry talking about Crumbs, that cracked my shit up!

So to everyone who is bitching about the Book sucking, to me it was worth the $24.99 to get Fast Cars, but EVERY U2 should have this DVD!!!! $17.99 is TOTALLY worth it!!!

OMG, Edge and Bono playing Vertigo on that Banjo is one of the funniest things I have ever seen! Classic. worth playing the 25 bucks i spent on the box set just for that!

41 minutes long? If you count the music videos? I counted about 12 or something minutes for the documentary... This DVD was a waste. So I basically paid extra to see Edge on a banjo... it was funny, but so what.

wow... an easter egg! maybe there are more, i will try it tomorrow
book and dvd is absolutely rockin' :)
i bought the box set also because of Fast Cars...

stoven said:
41 minutes long? If you count the music videos? I counted about 12 or something minutes for the documentary... This DVD was a waste. So I basically paid extra to see Edge on a banjo... it was funny, but so what.

this is what i was afraid of.

I did go to walmart just a minute ago and they had the CD ($9.98) and the CD/DVD/BOOK ($32 or $23), but no CD/DVD. Glad they didn't. I might have bought it.

Last edited:
Well, you may buy it and like it. I just thought that for $24, I would get a DVD that was longer than it was. I don't know where the 41 minutes comes from. The documentary was like 12.... 15 at the most, and 5 of that was taken up by an opening montage with just music and no talking. Having said that, the DVD is interesting in how they talk about the album... but I don't think it's worth what I paid for. I'm CERTAINLY glad I didn't buy that damn stupid book.

Just curious, but on my DVD, the "Vertigo" performance (from what I believe is the studio- electric) had virtually no guitar whatsoever...is this just a different mix? Or do I have a DVD w/ a glitch?

Maybe cuz it's $30 something dollars for a dumb book with drawings in it.

I really liked the DVD, just for the fact that they talked about how the songs came about. If you're a fan of The Making of The JT Album, there are bits in the documentary that follow suit. I'm really into that stuff. When The Edge started playing the early bits of SYCMIOYO on keyboard, I was glued.

I thought that was the heart of the DVD. The performances were good and funny, but I liked the documentary as a whole much better. I think it's worth the extra bucks to get it. :up:

a 12 minute documentary on the making of the album? The album took 2 years to make! couldn't they have put some effort into it! make it an hour or half an hour at least. I wish someone was walking around documenting the making of Achtung Baby. Kind of like a video version of "Until the End of the World" by Flanagan.

Hey anybody want to send a yousendit link to a full video "preview" of the dvd to adam3000@gmail.com? Thanks.

I liked the dvd a lot. I think I like the album even more now. I can't wait to hear these songs live. I do wish there were more songs featured on the dvd, but all is well. "Now give me what I want and no one gets hurt. Right?" :lol:

stoven said:
Well, you may buy it and like it. I just thought that for $24, I would get a DVD that was longer than it was. I don't know where the 41 minutes comes from. The documentary was like 12.... 15 at the most, and 5 of that was taken up by an opening montage with just music and no talking. Having said that, the DVD is interesting in how they talk about the album... but I don't think it's worth what I paid for. I'm CERTAINLY glad I didn't buy that damn stupid book.

The 41 minutes came from when the credits rolled (after pressing PLAY ALL) my counter was at 41 minutes. So the whole DVD was 41 minutes long.

You say you didn't buy the book, but you paid $24?

I paid $24.99 at BestBuy (or Bestbuy.com) and got the CD, DVD, book, and Fast Cars.

and (in my opinion) it was worth it! If you didn't like it, sell it on eBay and get some money back!

Back
Top Bottom