Whats next for U2? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2002, 07:44 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Matthew_Page2000:
This thread is too hilarious for words. After near endless bitching from Europeans that U2 was overplaying the U.S. to the detriment of Europe we now have Europeans womdering how U2 can "justify" playing additional shows on their side of the Atlantic. Ha, ha, ha. You guys sure now how to look a gift horse in the mouth.

MAP
What are you talking about?

U2 has never said they'll be promoting any new material on this Summer tour - it's additional Elevation shows.
What is there to justify?

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 03-03-2002).]

Old 03-03-2002, 12:29 PM   #22
War Child

Local Time: 10:08 PM
There's NOTHING to justify U2Girl. That's my point. U2 are going to tour Europe and a lot of Europeans on Interference complained last year that U2 weren't playing enough shows in Europe. Now U2 have decided to play extra gigs in Europe and Interferencers in this thread are complaining. I just thought it was pretty ironic.

MAP

Old 03-03-2002, 01:07 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Matthew_Page2000:
There's NOTHING to justify U2Girl. That's my point. U2 are going to tour Europe and a lot of Europeans on Interference complained last year that U2 weren't playing enough shows in Europe. Now U2 have decided to play extra gigs in Europe and Interferencers in this thread are complaining. I just thought it was pretty ironic.

MAP
I only saw two people comment that "new songs would justify the tour in stadiums". (which makes no sense at all - see the previous replies in this thread, plus U2's music is known for being great when played in stadiums)
Se7en and Zoopop.
(i don't know about Se7en, but Zoopop is from Texas. since Se7en talks about mass media overexposure of U2, i'm guessing he/she is American too.)

So, where do you see Europeans complaining?
Also, i don't see why Americans are saying U2 "needs" a new album to tour?

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 03-03-2002).]
Old 03-06-2002, 03:57 PM   #24
Acrobat

Local Time: 12:08 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hawkmoon1021:
[B] It's March now & the album will probably climb into the top 20, if not top 10 in the next 2 weeks.

I had to gloat a little...Congrats to U2!

Anyone know if Walk On had a spike in airplay?
Old 03-06-2002, 04:07 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Regarding which song on a 90's best of they should re-do. Who says they will even do that? Just because they did on the first one is not a precedent for that.

Personally, I would like to see the version of the Wanderer with Bono on vocals released. Maybe they could revamp it also. I love the lyrics to the song but Johnny Cash on vocals just doesnt work for me.

Also, I think the only reason U2 is not releasing an album this year is because they dont feel they will have it ready in time and they want to make sure that the next studio f/u album to ATYCLB is a strong one.

I would look for a Best Of in stores right before Christmas if and a new studio album summer/fall (maybe even spring) of 2003 with a N. American tour to follow it in late summer/early fall 2003. That is my "guess".

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 03-06-2002).]
Old 03-06-2002, 04:40 PM   #26
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:08 AM
I agree that a Best of this year seems likely followed by a new album in the spring/summer time.

To further this point, I was in montreal this weekend. While I was at a restaurant I got talking to the waitress who was a friend of mine. She told me that Larry and Bono have both been in on several occasions and that she has actually become friends with Larry.

She then went on to tell me that he calls her and shoots the shit. Aparently, he told her that they are finishing the next best of and aiming to have it out let this year.

Take from this what you will. I am not even sure I believe it. That being said it does seem to be somewhat in line with other rumors. Who knows. Just gives us something more to chat about.

Peace.

------------------
Peace on Earth.
Old 03-06-2002, 05:20 PM   #27
*Stormy*

Local Time: 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hawkmoon1021:
I agree. I wrote this before in another post, but I think a 90's best of might be key at Xmas this year to introduce new fans to that decade, and reintroduce older fans who missed out on Zooropa & especially POP. Maybe recut/remix a POP song like Gone, DYFL, or Mofo in a ATYCLB friendlier version...

Um, no... the people who don't like those songs never will, and they 'missed' them for a reason- they avoided them because they didn't like them. I couldn't even imagine trying to make a more palatable MOFO LMAO! Leave it behind, drop it. A "Greatest Hits" will come, but with the songs as they were on the album, like all compilations.

I do hope they will not wait too long to record, so they can captialize in the power of the Elevation tour as Bono said. Okay, I'm greedy and jealous and I want more tour dates- with the GA system, just like Elevation, and if I don't get it now I'm going to have a tantrum!

Old 03-06-2002, 06:47 PM   #28
Acrobat

[QUOTE]Originally posted by *Stormy*:
[B] Um, no... the people who don't like those songs never will, and they 'missed' them for a reason- they avoided them because they didn't like them. I couldn't even imagine trying to make a more palatable MOFO LMAO! Leave it behind, drop it. A "Greatest Hits" will come, but with the songs as they were on the album, like all compilations.

I don't know about "people who don't like those songs never will." I'm sure a lot of people never even heard much, if not all of the POP stuff, being scared away by Discotheque & the "techno" tag it was given in the press. Plus, with a lot of U2 stuff (especially POP), it's kind of hard to get into it on the 1st listen. Mofo was one of my least favorite songs on the album when I first got it, now it's among my favorites. I can see your point by making a more palatable Mofo, that would be kind of tough...I was really thinking about making one of the POP tracks more accessable like U2 tried to do when they put them out as singles, or strip them down a bit like they are live...Gone for example...