"What's Going On" Rocks!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
Great song...great video...great to see all of those artists united. Congrats and thanks to all of them.

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

it was great. thumbs up to bono!!!

------------------
?Hard as it is to keep it together, it is still possible to have those moments when it?s just the four of you being able to keep the rest of the world out... and that?s what it?s all about.?
-Adam

Love,
Emily

She's gonna dream out loud...

[This message has been edited by madonna's child (edited 09-21-2001).]

I agree. Isn't it kind of chilling how well the song, which was organized and recorded before September 11th, really fits with the whole situation now? They said half of the song's proceeds will now be donated to the 911 fund.

As I just said in the other thread, I think it is a great symbol of unity. Each artist brings their own style to it; it's wonderful!

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

I'm at work, so give me the details! is it a "real" video, or just shots of people in the recording studio? does bono sing? does britney sound like cr*p? fill us non-TRL watchers in!!
smile.gif

Thanks!

The video is part footage of New York and part footage of the artists in the studio. Very moving. Bono sings the opening lines "Mother, Mother....". A few shots a Bono with the artists. Bono also is the last artist shown, giving a salute then it fades to a person holding a candle.

The artist who sing are the following(I may have forgotten one or two):

Bono
Gwen Steffani
Staind
Christina Aguillera
Brittany Spears
Backstreet Boys
Michael Stipe
Alicia Keys
Puff Daddy
Destiny's Child
Nelly Furtado
Ja Rule
N Sync
Nelly
Eve
Fred Durst

thanks for the update- i can't wait to see it!

have a good weekend, everyone.
smile.gif

I have to be honest, I really can't stand that type of music, rap/moany pop, but the song was powerful and emotional. If it had different words and was not for a cause and was not connected to Bono I would not choose to listen to it. However, it IS for two great causes, it has feeling, and it DOES include Bono, and he was very cute in that video! He was the brightest part of it. He is doing a good thing, and I admire him for so many reasons. I hope it has much success. I will be sure to buy two copies.

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

Originally posted by NicaMom:
Was it on at the beginning or at the end of the show?

i haven't seen it yet, i'm just recording the whole show(and the tribute thing tonight, of course) cuz i gotta run now.

Later

Originally posted by NicaMom:

Was it on at the beginning or at the end of the show?

In the beginning of the show they showed behind the scenes(a couple of minutes). At the end of the show they show the video.

Paul

-----------------
Sam Cooke didn't know what I know.

I think that we'll all get to see it plenty.

In the last 30 minutes its been on twice.

It's almost like they made it knowing what was going to happen.

Originally posted by U2LA:
I heard it in the car on the radio today and I was very impressed. And Bono put that together, right??

Correct. Bono did organize it. I saw the video again on VH1 and where they give the information about Artist, Title, Director, etc., they had U2 for the artist. I didn't quite understand that?

Just saw the video - the video's alright - the music is ok - not really my type of stuff but it's good. But...

[rant]
A few things that piss me off about it:

P. Diddy - could this man be any less talented? Standing in front of a mic and saying "yeah, yeah yeah, we need peace, yeah" repeatedly - wow, that takes some real skill and vision. I mean, it's just sooo hard to talk into a mic like that, not to mention fecking stupid and mindless. He is at the top of my Biggest Losers in Music list.

Fred Durst - That whiny voice of his is as annoying as his words are unpoetic and unoriginal. "I don't wanna see anyone die" - really? Wow, what a deep sentiment
rolleyes.gif
. I wonder how many hours he poured over lines like that. #2 on my Biggest Losers in Music list, because at least he can talk fast, unlike good ole P. "I'm hanging on to my shred of fame as tightly as I can" Diddy.
[/rant]

Phew! I feel better already!
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom