Whats Going On - Bono Version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ACROB@T

I serve MacPhisto
anyone else think this is way better than the original, its sounds more complete and direct than the mixed artists version! great vocals B-man

I heard it this evening on Virgin Radio UK, it sounds smoother and a little more Edge influenced than the original cover...Edge's trademark chorused delay here and there is noticable (whether he played a part I have no idea). Bono sings each part at a slightly different key..almost like a conversation between himself, and breaks out his vocal chords a bit during the "whats going on, eh, whats going on" (ala Britney Spears portion, but with more style). I have no idea where you can find it online, I have no idea how new it is, whether this is old news to everyone else

Thanks.Gonna have to listen to Virgin Radio again.Did that a few months back to try and win tix.3 days none stop just to try and win tix and by that I mean I didn't leave the house and had the number programmed in my phone.I didn't win but managed to buy Slane tix.

UV2001 wrote:

Gonna have to listen to Virgin Radio again.Did that a few months back to try and win tix.3 days none stop just to try and win tix

I guess that meant 3 days worth of Travis, Stereophonics, Robbie Williams, Dido, and Shaggy...over and over and over..
biggrin.gif
..sounds like it was worth it though

Hmm.. I didn't know the studio version was available anywhere... but it is very good live I must say.

I just had the misfortune of seeing the video on MuchMusic, and I must reiterate how amazingly better U2's version is! There's just no comparison!

I thought it was very moving at the Hamilton concert.. especially the "father father" part. The other version's just a horrid messy jumble.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom