What's best album ending song????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pero

Refugee
Maybe you're bored with threads like that, but i'm going to make your life harder, you'll have to think!!!(just kidding)
Soooo, what's your best album ending song??
My vote goes to THE WANDERER, without that crazy sound at the end of it, after 30 sec silence.
You might disagree, but i don't know what is so special about Mothers of dissappeared(i don't get what's the song about at all)
and All i want is you is great, great song, but it would be better without that 1.5 minute solo at the end.
:help:

I'm with "Mothers Of The Disappeared," personally. I love the evocative musical accompaniment to what I think is one of Bono's more powerful lyrics. I love the vocals, too...this song has always found a way to profoundly touch me.

I need to give props to "The Wanderer" and "Love Is Blindness," though. Also WONDERFUL songs. And I think that "Shadows And Tall Trees" is one of the best out there, too. There it is.

All I Want Is You is the best closing song, but Love is Blindness is the best closer in terms of album mood.

Love Is Blindness is a great song, but I love MLK.

I also love All I Want Is You, but it doesn't seem to be similar to the other "last songs".

'mlk'--it's beautiful, haunting and other-worldly. a gorgeous lullaby to one of the bravest souls that has graced our planet.

perfect ending to the perfect album.

:up:

chicagopepper said:
I really like Yahweh as a closer, but i guess thats not the OFFICIAL album ending song.

Yes it is, unless you think The Ground Beneath Her Feet is the official closer to ATYCLB.

Oh, and I can't choose a favourite closer. I love them all. U2 are masters at brilliant closers and it's just too hard to rank them. I think if I were forced to choose ... I would refuse.

I'll just rank em. Thats easier for me.

1) Yahweh
2) Grace- I love this song, but it seems Im in the minority here
3) All I Want Is You
4) 40
5) The Wanderer
6) Love Is Blindness
7) Shadows And Tall Trees
8) Wake Up Dead Man
9) Mothers Of The Disappeared
10) MLK
11) Is That All

I love All I want is You. It kind of sticks out on Rattle and Hum, not exactly the best way to sum up that album, IMO, but I love it nonetheless.

1- All I Want Is You
2- Love Is Blidness
3- MLK
4- Wake Up Dead Man
5- Mothers Of The Dissapeared

:wave:

For me it's definately the Wanderer. Gawd, the brilliant song to brilliantly end a brilliant album.

All I Want Is You is one of my top 5 songs, and the minute or two at the end of it is what makes it a great closer! IMHO
It goes from Edge rocking out to this soothing, hypnotic rhythm. Gotta love it.

Second Place: MLK

Ultraviolet/Acrobat/Love is Blindness. It's all one song :wink:

Okay, I'll rank for the hell of it:

1. Mercy (I know, it's not even technically released yet, but it should close SOMETHING. it's so perfect, especially for a closer...it's kinda hard to follow up with anything.)
2. Love is Blindness
3. Yahweh
4. 40
5. All I Want is You
6. Wake Up Dead Man
7. Is That All
8. Shadows and Tall Trees
9. MLK
10. Grace
11. Mothers of the Disappeared
12. The Wanderer

Big toss up between Love is Blindness and Wake Up Dead Man. LIB has that sublime minimalist guitar solo and that haunting Spanish-tinged percussion, plus a great vocal by Bono ("blow out the can-dle"). "A dangerous idea/that almost makes sense" is one of the best lyrics EVER.

On the flip side, Wake Up Dead Man is such a striking closer. After such an experimental album they end with this sparse ghost town dirge that I've come to appreciate so much over the years. Plus it touches again on his crisis of faith and the loss of his mother. One of Bono's most naked vocals. The Edge really brings it home too with a bunch of different weapons.

We all love LIB so much but I think a big part of that is how crucial it was to the ZooTV shows. WUDM never really got the full treatment it deserved on POPMart (or since). Would be nice to hear it on this tour, but at this point I'd kill to hear anything on POP or Zooropa (not including the safe Staring at the Sun again).

laz

Love is Blindness is the best closer but All I Want is You is the best song of the bunch.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom