What's best album ending song????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love is Blindness is damn good... and The Wanderer is a really killer ending too. The moods are just perfect for their albums.

Love is Blindness and Wake Up Dead Man. Two masterpieces, perfectly closing their albums.

I know The Ground Beneath Her Feet isn't technically classed as ATYCLB's closing track, but as it's the closer on my edition, I'm going to pick it anyway. I think it's hauntingly beautiful and one of Bono's best vocals ever. :drool: :drool:

(edited due to the accidental mispelling of Bono as "Bobo"!)

Last edited:
Love is Blindness & The Wanderer - Yahweh gets honroable mention.

Grace only sucks because the bass is mixed so loud I find it unlistenable.

Yahweh definately. A U2 classic.

Closely followed by the amazing and most underrated u2 song ever Is That All.

Worst album closer is probably Grace or 40

Yahweh
Love Is Blindness
MLK
All I Want Is You
Wake Up Dead Man
Mothers Of The Disappeared
Shadows And Tall Trees
The Wanderer
Grace
Is That All

Sorry Wake Up Dead Man For Me.. Bono usually finishes an album talking to God and this one is Him/Edge really wanting some questions answered.. which is how I feel everytime I turn on the news.. Yahweh is great too.. and The Wanderer is great too.. :)

All I Want Is You is the best song, but The Wanderer is the best closer.

Honorable mention to Is That All?

If we count album versions then:

1. Wake Up Dead Man
2. All I Want Is You
3. 40

... but live I prefer:

1. All I Want Is You
2. 40
3. Wake Up Dead Man

Yahweh all the way! "take this heart and make it break" is one of their best lines ever! Such and emotional way to end an album:)

I almost wish fast cars wasnt on the album, although its a good song it completely ruins the mood U2 presumably meant to create with Yahweh at the end of the album.

Meh, I'm kind of glad I'm in Canada and didn't get Fast Cars as a bonus track tacked onto the end of the album.

Balfron wrote:
Yahweh all the way! "take this heart and make it break" is one of their best lines ever! Such and emotional way to end an album
totally agree! YAHWEH is one of their best songs ever and perhaps (but hopefully not) its their swansong...!? i just have that feeling, but its just a feeling.
Love is Blindness is my other fave album closer.

1-Love is Blindness
2-All I want is You
3-Yahweh (even though fast cars closes my album)

i hate wanderer... with a passion...:mad:

Back
Top Bottom