Whatever happened to "Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NShaik

The Fly
I am shocked to read that not only has "Two shots of Happy, One shot of Sad", my 5th favourite song from the 90's, after Please, One, HMTMKMKM + Mofo, has been ommited from the Best of 1990-2000, but also that is hasn't even been given a place on the B-sides.

What are they thinking. Two shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad is so clearly the best U2 B-side ever. THe only thing that comes close the live version of North and South of the River)

And Please, Mofo + the Fly have been left of the A-listing. What is happening? Why are U2 hiding their best work from the public?

I agree, this is a great B-side, Bono doing one for ole Blue Eyes...classic, I also really liked Slow Dancing with Willie Nelson, dont think this one made it either, oh well, they can be our secrets.....:wink:

U2's 'best of' is inherently flawed

my best of wont equal your best of.

im sure U2's personal best of doesn't equal best of 90-00

i would be willing to bet however, that the songs on the disc are the best possible commercial mix.

i would think the track listing has been focus grouped up the ying yang.

its a vehicle to attract fans of the future and cash in on us die hards.

but you are right. 2soh1sos is a great song as well as acronym.

This is what I belive (so do many people on the form)

The reason U2 did not realese all of these very good b-sides because there will be, yes, a box set someday. So they will be realesd with the box set. That is way many great b-sides are not on 1980-1990, as Boy/Girl, 11 o'oclock, ect....

fritz

I was under the impression that "Two Shots" didn't involve any U2 members other than Bono. That would be one big reason for it not turning up on this B-side disc.

In the CD, Is says Music by Bono + Edge, Lyrics by Bono

So Larry + Adam weren't involved at all.

what happened to it?

i ate it. :macdevil:

they'll probably argue that you can still buy "igwsha" (is that the single it was on? i have whatever it's on, but i forget) in stores, if you do some searching, so if you want it, buy the single. :rolleyes:

You're absolutely right! But I have to say, Iam not really satisied whith this whole Bside thing. Cos there are only boring remixes! And after the band re-mixed the pop songs, why didnt they make North and South?

As I've stated before, I'm glad theband went with remixes. A lot of the original tunes that came out as B-Sides from this time were a little dare I say it.....dull. Besides (pun intended) this is the first time we can go to the store and purchase a CD of U2 dance songs!

Back
Top Bottom