Whatever happened to the new U2 song "We Love You"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jick

Refugee
This was a song played only once in an Elevation gig in Belgium if I remember right. It was like their closing song.

First, I'd like to ask: was this a U2 song? Or was someone able to dig it up and figure out that it was a cover song done by U2?

Second, if it was an original U2 song - is it anywhere in the new album? Or whatever happened to it?

Thanks.

Cheers,

J

It was OK. Musically sounded somewhere between ATYCLB and MDH (guess that makes sense).

But can you imagine how the fans felt? :hyper:

It was a total improv, I thought maybe a clue was when Bono sang the line "gonna make it up as we go along"

But yeah, improvised, it was just Bono singing " cuz we love you" and there was a nice bit of Edge towards the end, but other than that it's not really worth a download.

Heh, I like how you refered to it as "new" when it was played 4 years ago!

Oddly enough I still have the mp3 of this song, and it's an alright song I guess considering that it was totally improvised apparently.

Tom or David could you please send this to me :bow:

greetie@gmail dot com

I was at the concert but I don't have any mp3 of it yet. It was the second concert in Antwerp (6th of august)

This song wasn't the closing song however.
Someone in the front rows apparently yelled happy birthday to Edge just before the break and when they came back onstage Bono just started singing this made-up song.
He said something about celebrating Edge's birthday all month long:wink:

ill send it now
but
nudovicic[at]pazinski-kolegij.hr
didnt work
sorry

I liked it. Only Bono's part was improvised in my opinion and maybe that last Edge "moment" there. But it was somewhat rehearsed in my opinion (for the exception of Bono). It was a nice little tune that could evolve into something interesting in case they had worked on it. Maybe they did... :hmm:

Cool of you to send it to people Tomer! :up:

Back
Top Bottom