What would ZooTv era interference be like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brau & Rose win this thread. :applaud:

:dreamingofcurrentcropofknuckleheadsfadingaway:

> U2, to me, were a band with energy, passion, and seriousness. With very
>few exceptions, their latest songs seem to fail in at least one of these
>points, and this is why I believe that the last two albums are not bad in
>themselves, but they are simply not U2 albums. Or, better, they are, but U2
>are... not U2 anymore.

> howdy. I am also a fan of U2 but not as much as I used to be. Zooropa is not
> one of my favorite albums, in fact it is one of least favorite. I am more int
> their old stuff. you can find any other U2 tunes on Boy, Unforgettable Fire,
> War, Wide Awake in America, Rattle and Hum, Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, October
> and i think there are some that i have mentioned but those are the best. my
> favorite is either Joshua Tree or Boy.

I do not have Zooropa and the entire output of at least three
labels and two individual bands will be mine before I even
start to consider it necessary. However, they are doing interesting
stuff, stuff that is designed to annoy those people who bought
all their albums since _Boy_. They're tired of pretensions of
'meaningful music' and decided to do an attack on such pretense
by demythologizing themselves. Face it, 'the Fly' or 'MacPhisto'
are as much characters as the proslytizing tosser who said
"Am I bugging you? I don't mean to bug you" on the _Rattle and
Hum_ version of "Silver and Gold".

U2 - The Joshua Tree
Personnally I think it's their worst album.
I'll agree that my judging methods don't have much to do with the actual level
of musician ability. I like music basically when I feel the musicians play the
music with emotions, or when a musician is experimenting with new styles of
sounds or rythms!

I realize that the above is totally subjective to each person, which I think
this is why music is so great! So according to what I feel, I do think the
Joshua Tree album is one of their worst (sales proved it! Not being snobby but
I hate music that's for the masses, which I feel Joshua Tree was meant!).

And the 2 bests in my mind are Aschtung Baby (ya, it did sell very much, but
here I feel they were trying for something very different than the Joshua Tree)
and of course U2-War!

Bones58 said:
Yeah, I thought the internet groups only started up just after the Doom era in late '93

I wonder what speed there connection was?:eyebrow:

THe internet and listerv and email was around when I was in college in 93 though I really didn't know what it was exactly. My gf at the time asked if I had email yet, and I was like "No, dork." And I remember at that time I had heard about it being around for at least a few years prior so easily 92. I bet within some communities, there was stuff going on in the 80's (outside of the science community and military which had the internet for years).

My first internet connection as 12,000 kbps (1996 or so) and that was supposed to have been a recent devopment. So in 92, it must have been like 6 or 3 kbps. US Mail was probably faster!

Oh, and the thing that made those boards better in those days were none of the "POP IS THE GREATEST THING ON EARTH" people.

those links are so fucking funny, and pretty much prove that Interference would be the same, but all the people who bash U2's sound now would be bashing AB and Zooropa and longing for the days when U2 wasn't trying to be cool and appeal to the masses. hell, I bet that would have happened in 1987 with JT.

the same complaints. throwaway lyrics, Bono's "asshole attitude," Bono's voice, change in sound, favourite songs missing from setlist...

"Why aren't they playing anything before 1984?"

"Will they ever come to Alberta?"

"When will they forgive Portland?"

"How come Bono won't try the red flysuit and shades in a real concert?"

"Is Cobain doing so much smack that won't Nirvana open for the biggest band on the planet?"

"I thought they were going to do SNL or an Unplugged?"

"How come every show isn't completely sold out?"

"ABBA?????"

"Acrobat?????"

"Anybody got a bootleg that includes the 3rd verse of So Cruel?"

u2fp

Snowlock said:

My first internet connection as 12,000 kbps (1996 or so) and that was supposed to have been a recent devopment. So in 92, it must have been like 6 or 3 kbps. US Mail was probably faster!

That was a fast connection. My first modem was a serial modem at 2400kbps....I piloted one of the first online banking softwares with that in 1993 :lmao:

My uncle had compuserve in 1990.

CompuServe, (in full, CompuServe Information Services, or CIS), was the first major commercial online service in the United States, dominating the field during the 1980s and remaining a major player through the mid-1990s when it was sidelined by the rise of information services, such as AOL, who adopted pricing models based on monthly subscriptions rather than CompuServe's hourly rate approach. Today the CompuServe Information Service operates as an Internet service provider (ISP), owned by AOL.

Yeah, we definitely had Prodigy in 1992 or so. I still remember my sign-in name----ukmy83c. :lol: You weren't allowed to choose what you wanted...bastards.

Re: Re: What would ZooTv era interference be like?

kingofsorrow said:

makes no difference when. bitches would still be talking shit about the people talking shit.

So, you'd be crying/whining/complaining for JT part II and III and I'd be telling you to get over yourself?

Sound's bout right.

Re: Re: Re: What would ZooTv era interference be like?

MrBrau1 said:

So, you'd be crying/whining/complaining for JT part II and III and I'd be telling you to get over yourself?

Sound's bout right.

huh? oh wait i get it. too be honest i don't really think JT is all that.:ohmy: BLAPHEMY? yes. it's a great u2 album, but i'm a Zoo TV fanatic.

I am glad that in the early 90's I didn't have internet access or really had any other friends that liked U2 so I was alone in my obession. I'd just buy all the albums when I could get enough money and spend time watching MTV and taping U2 videos and renting Rattle and Hum etc.

There were an incredible amount of people who didn't get the point of ZooTV. It sounded just like Popmart bashing.

phillyfan26 said:
There were an incredible amount of people who didn't get the point of ZooTV. It sounded just like Popmart bashing.

Only for it to be lauded as genius years later.

I don't expect the same thing to happen to PopMart, but it's funny to read what people had to say back then.

kingofsorrow said:

makes no difference when. bitches would still be talking shit about the people talking shit.

homey don't play that.

Back
Top Bottom