What would you think if U2 invinted Eric Clapon to play on one of their songs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrazilianFly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Suppose U2 invites Eric Clapton to play a solo in one of their songs on the new record. What would yout hink of that? Would you mind or not?

just wondering... :scratch: :D

Clapton & U2 .....

Not so sure of what could come , after last thing he said

I wouldn't mind one bit, but plenty of people here would throw their toys out of their cots. 'Cause, you know, guitar solos and rock music just don't mix. They're just 'wankery.'

GibsonGirl said:
I wouldn't mind one bit, but plenty of people here would throw their toys out of their cots. 'Cause, you know, guitar solos and rock music just don't mix. They're just 'wankery.'

:lol:

What's with the misspellings in the subject lines these days?

But yes, I think U2 should re-invent Eric Clapton by asking him to play on one of their songs. :wink:

They should only do it if it's going to end up being something iconic, like "While My Guitar Gently Weeps." Can't deny the greatness of Clapton on that.

I don't see Interferencers in general liking it, based on the unfair beating "When Love Comes to Town" takes around here. :sad:

I only know of Clapton once saying that he wasn't that happy about Live 8 and rock stars getting involved in politics.

Well, ia that the only thing why so many people here don't like/hate Clapton, or did something else happen I don't know of?

I'm curious :)

Let's go easy on Edge. Besides we already know how well "U2 does blues" music works.

corianderstem said:
What's with the misspellings in the subject lines these days?

But yes, I think U2 should re-invent Eric Clapton by asking him to play on one of their songs. :wink:

"Invite" is what you're searching for.

I don't think this is what Bono means by "waiting for God to enter the room"!

Clapton is a long way from "Layla." The man obviously has skills, but his songs haven't been good for a long, long time.

At this point, such a pairing could only mean generic rock or adult contemporary blandness. Also, I would imagine U2 are not keen on pairing themselves with an older fella as they themselves are getting wrinkly.

corianderstem said:
They should only do it if it's going to end up being something iconic, like "While My Guitar Gently Weeps." Can't deny the greatness of Clapton on that.

sadly, u2 will never write a song like that.

MrPryck2U said:

"Invite" is what you're searching for.

I wasn't searching for anything. But I knew my joke was a stretch and should have known better to post it on a board full of such ingrates.

I'm so misunderstood. :sad:

:wink:

david said:
I would wonder why they were making a blues album.

Exactly. Eric Clapton is to Rock God as Great Britain is to World Superpower.

Clapton's been dead for over a decade. Any innovation he had went down the drain the second he decided every future project was going to be a copy of all blues guitarists passed. He may still have it in him, but he hasn't shown jack in over a decade.

Utoo said:
Clapton's been dead for over a decade. Any innovation he had went down the drain the second he decided every future project was going to be a copy of all blues guitarists passed. He may still have it in him, but he hasn't shown jack in over a decade.

Which is why I think it would be a good thing. They'd wake his tired ass up.

There seems to be a good amount of people who like the idea. Cool. I think Eric Clapton is nowadays an uninspired songwriter but if you give him a great song he will probably write a great solo for it. He can still play some interesting stuff live when he is playing his old songs.

While My Guitar Gently Sleeps was what I was thinking, I would loooooove to see U2 do a song with that vibe... :drool:

Back
Top Bottom