What Would You Say to EDGE????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SunBloc

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Edge, you are the Beethoven of our times, but you keep it REAL!!
LOVE YOU!

one such meeting in Toronto Sept 11 2005....

Edge: "Hi Bono (laugh)"

Me: "Hi I'm Gabriel, I'd like to introduce you to my bandmates Paul and Massimo"

Edge (to Paul): "Let me guess - you're The Edge"

Paul: "Hey are you guys going to play An Cat Dubh tomorrow night?"

Edge: "I don't think so"

Me: "Hey, why don't you get us up to play with you? We'll do 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, it'll be fun!"

Edge: "Right!! (laugh)"

dont listen to any of the rest of the band. Just do what you want and they will have no choice but to follow your excellence.

:|

something like that.

"You./.............hi Edge.....I.....I.......wow \\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

EDIT: I did actually meet the Edge, and I said "Hi Edge" and he did that smile of his and then I couldn't think for a while o_O

Last edited:
Canadiens1160 said:
"You./.............hi Edge.....I.....I.......wow \\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

EDIT: I did actually meet the Edge, and I said "Hi Edge" and he did that smile of his and then I couldn't think for a while o_O

I didn't even think we talked, I thought he just signed something for me, but I later saw a picture of the experience, and he was laughing, so I must have said something to him. :reject:

What I actually said to The Edge: "Hi, The Edge! Do you think I could get a picture?"

What I wish I had said: "When I first got my guitar, I went through a period of absolutely hating it. Then I heard Beautiful Day and everything changed. Thank you for making me fall in love with the guitar again! Now sign my pick guard, please. :wink:"

edgeatar.jpg

:shifty:

Last edited:
GibsonGirl said:

:lmao:

Do Bono as Captain Kirk! Do Bono as Captain Kirk!

I actually spent some time looking for a usable pic of Bono without the shades but couldn't find any recent ones. :dork:

when i met him in Toronto in sept, i told him "you are the reason why i picked up the guitar" he looked up at me and said "is that true?" I said "yes" , and he said "wow, its always amazing to hear that you inpire someone to pick up an insturment" and gave me a big smile.:drool:

Back
Top Bottom