what would you maximally pay for a u2 ticket?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably 600-700 tops.

I dunno. I'm 29 and have an okay job and money? So it's not that big of a deal considering this is a band I've liked since I was 14 years old.

The most I've ever paid was $175 for a floor ticket in Chicago. I could have waited for something cheaper, but I need to plan the trip well in advance and used part of what I'd set aside for a more expensive ticket when I didn't get anything from Ticketbastard.

Now, I would not pay more than half that.

jonnytakeawalk said:
whatever I could afford at the time.

word

all the times I've gotten tix I've gotten them in pre-sale or general sale - no scalpers. when it comes to U2 I'd do everything it takes within reason to get a ticket, but I mean, I can't afford $1000. especially since I generally have to travel to see U2, that's more expenses...can't go much above regular price, the tix are expensive enough as it is.

Probably no more than $200, although I would likely cave and just add to my credit card debt if it were higher.

But I'd only see them once per tour for a price that high.

Here's my brackets, each has leeway of a few dollars on the upper limit:

$0-30: Band I'm curious about.
$31-50: Band I like.
$51-75: Band I love.
$76-100: Something ultra-special.
Any more than that, it would have to be the most amazing concert ever, the glorious return of Lovetown, or a Pink Floyd reunion that does not involve a full performance of DSOTM.

At the moment, I'd pay up to $50 for U2, up to $100 if they're playing a good set. Leg one of Vertigo qualifies as a good set.

I paid $200 for the 3rd row seats I had for the Vertigo tour. It was worth it, although at the time I really couldn't afford that kind of money.

That's probably the most I'd ever pay, although I might spend more if I thought it was worth it.

Last edited:
I think I spent about $200 for GA tickets during the Elevation tour. Boston 4, 1st leg, in the heart and right in front of Edge. :drool: It was worth every penny...probably the most mindblowing experience of my life.

I paid $145 for several different shows for GA Elevation tickets (online broker after shows sold out) I was obsessed in those days. I wouldn't/couldn't pay that again, it was part of the reason I am in deep financial trouble today(and no one is going to forgive my debt :sigh: )

I've only paid roughly $50 for my U2 GA tix, and I've always been just one or 2 people away from the rail. I probably wouldn't go beyond $125...because that is the exact amt I spent on an nsync show once ...that's right I said it. I was young and impressionable then. I at least owe U2 what I gave for nsync.

The maximum I have paid is about $170 (USD) for a seat behind the stage. Face value was I think only $55. Got it off damn Ebay! :| I don't think I'll do that again. The maximum I'll pay will probably be about $200 for a really good seat!

$300 at least.

:|

Seriously, I paid $260 (a ticket) once, and I don't regret it, but I could have gotten a better "seat" for cheaper if I would have gone GA. :mad:

As much as I could realistically afford. Like corianderstem, I definitely wouldn't be going to more than one show if I was paying a few hundred dollars for a ticket. It would depend on the situation, too--I'd probably be willing to pay more for a smaller venue or if they come up with a more effective lottery.

If I were in a tough financial situation, I'd just buy a nosebleed seat at face value and have the best time I could. I never run up more on my credit card than I'll be able to pay off in a few months. I'm sorry, but going into a large amount of debt to go to a concert--any concert--is just silly in my mind. It's one thing to splurge once in awhile, but if it comes down to U2 or paying the bills, I'm going to have to go with paying the bills (while listening to U2 :wink: )

If I was travelling on separate business and they just happened to be in town (long shot I know) OR were making a rare one off appearance locally then I'm sure I would easily pay US$750. Four figures and only then would I think hard about it. So a max of $999.

I'd pay no more than double face for any other show.

Axver said:

At the moment, I'd pay up to $50 for U2, up to $100 if they're playing a good set. Leg one of Vertigo qualifies as a good set.

Ye gods, Axver has figured out future-setlist-predicting technology!! :eek:

:wink:

Like some others, I'd pay whatever I could afford. Although that said, I don't think I could justify buying a ticket from ebay or a scalper. I had no trouble getting tickets for Vertigo, and I didn't have a presale code or anything.
Still, if I was put on the spot, I probably would pay over face value, although it would have to be only one at ebay prices. I'd probably be muttering under my breath all through the show though! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom