what would you maximally pay for a u2 ticket?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I paid a fortune on an auction for a ticket to the U2 club gig at the Astoria in London back in 2001. It was an online auction and I really didn't expect to win.. my heart jumped and sank when i realised I had won! The money did all go to a very good cause and after a 4 year wait the idea of seeing U2 in a small club was mindblowing.... and it was!

OK... I paid £850.. my logic? I'd gotten a car loan and decided that I just had to buy a car that was £850 cheaper! and I still have that car today... makes perfect sense to me :)

I paid $150 for my GA ticket on Vertigo. I could only go to one show anyway (15 at the time, couldn't drive), so it didn't faze me. I ended up behind one person on the rail, with the band coming out on the ellipse several times. And, I met Adam before the show. I'd say my money was well spent, and it was absolutely mindblowing.

That said, I'd pay as much as I could afford at the time.

I paid 600 at the Garden for GA and stood on the railing.It was a once in a lifetime thing and I was very happy but, It's a big rip off! Bono can raise millions for world debt but he can't keep the price of his own tickets down.Maybe if the band bought their own tickets then brokered the tickets themselves and donated a portion to charity I wouldn't be bitter.

Maybe some one can answer this question , Vertigo Denver was my first U2 show I payed $170.00 for my ticket and I might add worth every penny and more !
I live in Albuquerque , NM . when I bought my ticket at Ticketmaster , Denver was blocking other states from buying tickets for the first 15 minutes . When the 15 minutes were up all the GA were gone . Is this a common practice ? blocking ?
U2 is the only band I would travel to see and I would also pay what ever I could afford .

$300 per ticket (ebay) Got me in the ellipse, front rail on Edge's side in Vegas baby!!

I wouldn't pay that much again though.

u2trinity said:
Maybe some one can answer this question , Vertigo Denver was my first U2 show I payed $170.00 for my ticket and I might add worth every penny and more !
I live in Albuquerque , NM . when I bought my ticket at Ticketmaster , Denver was blocking other states from buying tickets for the first 15 minutes . When the 15 minutes were up all the GA were gone . Is this a common practice ? blocking ?
U2 is the only band I would travel to see and I would also pay what ever I could afford .

I like the idea of blocking in theory.It gives the fans who live in those areas a better chance at a ticket.

Back
Top Bottom