What Women Singers Should U2 Duet With?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMBLover

The Fly
a place that has to be believed to be seen...
I hope this hasn't been a recent subject, I didn't see it anywhere.

As far as i know he hasn't sung with very many--Andrea Corr, Sinead O'Connor, and now Alicia Keys.

Anyway my two choices for Bono to duet with are Sarah McLachlan and Alison Krauss. I think he would sound beautiful with Sarah because they both have that slighty sleepy sexy quality to their voices--to me their voices are similar in a lot of ways just in their style. I vote for Alison because her softness would be a great contrast to his intensity--and blending a bit of bluegrass with U2 sounds interesting. Gimme your picks!

hcbiggs2002 said:
Annie Lennox.:yes:

I once downloaded a live version of 40 that was supposed to have her in it, but I couldn't hear her at all...:shrug:

Bono also performed released duets with Maire Brennan on the Clannad song In A Lifetime, with Maria McKee on a live version of Sweet Jane by Lone Justice and with Beyonce Knowles on American Prayer.

Also in concert he did the duet with Gwen Stefani on What's Going On but that has not been commercially released.

Last edited:
Annie Lennox would kick ass

Patti Smith mayhaps? :hmm: (in the studio atleast)

Bono already has sung with Annie Lennox, but it wasn't a commercial release. I found a live version of ´40' he sung with her. It must have been from around 1985. It was amazing.

Sarah McLauchlan would be my pick. She sings a lot like Bono used to sing back in the day. The low to high back to low vocal repetoir that he used to do in the Rattle and Hum days.

Speaking of Sarah, I have never ever heard, in all the interviews with Bono on all kinds of singers, him ever talking about her. Strange, hey?

A duet with Mary J. Blige on her studio recording of One is out on December 20th on her new album.

Back
Top Bottom