What will you do when snippets leak in the net? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2003, 02:50 AM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 05:35 PM
What will you do when snippets leak in the net?

Ciao,

in 2000 it was an exciting moment when I downloaded the ATYCLB songs' snippets... ...however this time I don't intend to spoil the fun of listening to the whole album before its official release (it will be impossible to avoid hearing the new single on radio, of course).

For sure I'll read every post dealing with those snippets.

So I candidate myself as...

...one of the first proclaimed "NEWALBUMSONGSSNIPPETS VIRGINS" of the WHOLE WORLD!!!

God may help me in overcoming the tempations!!!

Old 10-10-2003, 03:03 AM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:35 AM
be a bastard and listen to everything

Old 10-10-2003, 03:16 AM   #3
Refugee

Local Time: 08:35 AM
Just listen who cares when it comes out. If its available just listen to it. Then when the CD comes out, buy.
Old 10-10-2003, 10:07 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:35 PM
cybersyd, I understand you.

The day that ATYCLB came out, I had only heard 3 songs. Beautiful Day obviously, Elevation (Which was on the farmclub show), and New York (which was on MTV TRL). It was amazing to get those other BRAND NEW U2 songs. It was incredible. I didn't download ANY of those snippets, and it made buying the albumand listening to it that much more special.

Also, I didn't listen to it all the first day. I listened to a few songs the first day, then a few more the next day, etc. The last song I listened to was When I look at the world, like 5 days after buying the album. I recommend this. It makes the album extremely enjoyable. I believe in you! Do not download any snippets! Just download the new single. There might hopefully be b-sides on that single for you to listen to as well. Good luck. To all you downloaders........you'll ruin what could be one of the best ways to listen to a U2 album.....with a completely fresh ear.
Old 10-10-2003, 11:02 AM   #5
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:35 AM
i've been debating this in my own mind recently (shows how little of a life i have)... i'd like to not listen to any of the songs/snippets/whatever until the actuall album comes out. but i'm afraid the grip will be just too strong, and i'll crack within 5 minutes of the first "snipets/mp3s" whatever comming out. i have no backbone
Old 10-10-2003, 09:19 PM   #6
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:35 AM
Second they come out, I'm listening to them. Even if I tried to resist I wouldn't be able to.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-10-2003, 09:46 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

ill listen. its been too long of a wait not to hear what the new sound will be like.
Old 10-10-2003, 10:20 PM   #8
Refugee

I'll probably try my hardest not to....... but after all this wait, I'll probably give in!
Old 10-10-2003, 11:14 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:35 PM
I will listen and I will like it ALOT
Old 10-11-2003, 01:34 AM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Second they come out, I'm listening to them. Even if I tried to resist I wouldn't be able to.
yep.
Old 10-11-2003, 01:44 AM   #11
War Child

I support you, Cybersyd! I love the anticipation of coming home from the shop with my new U2 album, hearing every song as it should be, situated in exactly the right place between the other songs. Give in to temptation if you must, but try to savour the whole album!
Old 10-11-2003, 04:09 AM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by yertle-the-turtle
be a bastard and listen to everything
Old 10-11-2003, 11:53 AM   #13
Jim
Refugee

For the last record I wanted to wait but I too have no backbone. For some reason I HAD to hear 'Kite'.

The hardest thing was reading people's comments about the new songs, 'it's fantastic', 'its shit', 'its a grower'...then I find it difficult to resist, particularly if a song receives a lukewarm initial reception.

The reason is that I don't want to hear a new song with anybody else's perceptions and comments in my brain, I want to hear it with a totally clear mind. So this time I'll either have to listen to them as soon as they become available, or wait and NOT read interference until I have the CD in my hand!!
Old 10-11-2003, 11:58 AM   #14
Jim
Refugee

The day that ATYCLB came out I was lucky enough to be working in Dublin and staying at a hotel on Killiney Bay. That was the 1st time I heard the album in full on my portable stereo and I must say that being there (and having consumed more than a few pints of the black stuff) made it very special!

I bizzarely shared a taxi back from the pub with the girlfriend of an Adam Clayton tribute band member. He walked out of the pub in Killiney singing 'In a Little While' to himself while I was singing it in my head! Strange as 24 hours previously the song wasn't even released!
Old 10-12-2003, 12:37 AM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:35 PM
I won't want to listen to snippets but I've been known to give in to peer pressure...If I hear a lot about them I'll want to hear them too. I hope I can resist!
Old 10-12-2003, 04:35 PM   #16
you are what you is

I don't like snippets
songs should be heard in full
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 10-12-2003, 05:25 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:35 AM
I listened to the Electrical Storm premier online and it didn't compare to hearing the song on the radio and CD. Even though the Net is fabulous, some of the technology and methods of getting these snippets online is just not top rate and can't really spoil that actual true first listen, it's more like a snack or free sample than anything. I'm totally excited to the get the chance to hear something of this new album in advance, but it can't compare to taking the CD home the day it gets out and listen to it front to back several times.
Old 10-12-2003, 05:53 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:35 AM
I'm with you Syd.

I didn't listen to any snippets of ATYCLB. I like to wait till the album is officially released, and then I relish the first moment I hear their work in it's entirety. It usually involves waiting for a day when I can fully relax, I cook a nice meal, buy something special to drink, wait till the sun is setting and TURN IT UP
and listen..
I remember vividly the first time I heard "In A Little While" and "Peace On Earth"
for me it is a VERY special O'Cassion...U2 and their music...

Good luck with your resolve