What will U2 be remembered for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonoFox1

Blue Crack Supplier
Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back agai
We are all U2 fans for many reasons....
Picture your self many years from now, and say U2 have decided to no longer continue...
But you have all these memories, feelings ect..

What would U2 be remembered for in your life?

1. I have been a U2 fans since the mid 80's and their music is so meaningful in my life..it has been there through good times and the bad...but more the happiness I feel hearing their music

2. U2 will always be the band that mattered..The one I would go to extreme lengths for. I can't think of any other band I would be in debt for, ditch work for, Have memories of fun or crazy adventures regarding the band ect..

3. I will always admire Bono, for his humanitarian efforts, for his humor, for being so giving, for practicing what he preaches. For being the kind of Rock Star unlike no other, For being a great example to our generation, for not letting us forget the less fortunate.

*I know that there are many new fans who are experiencing U2 mania for the first time and that is so exciting*

How has U2 affected your life so far? --besides being in debt;)
and what will U2 be remembered for in your life?

More than anything..I think U2 will be the band remembered for turning the tired rock cliche upside down and backwards. They will be remembered for the community their music and actions have created and personally, for the way they have encouraged me to engage with my world...that little stretches of the rubber band are better than nothing at all.

Universally, they have to be remembered for re-inventing and changing the standards against how rock stars today are measured - look at bands like Coldplay and Radiohead. They wouldn't be so well recieved if Bono and the boys hadn't been there years before incorportating politics and global issues directly into their songs.

On a personal level, U2 were/are the band who opened my eyes, and stoped me from being ignorant to all that was going on around me. I remember hearing 'One' and 'Sunday Bloody Sunday' when I was about 5 or 6, and alhough I didn't understand completely what they were about, I knew what they were getting at.
And, of course, they wrote the song that has kept me strong through hard times - 'Acrobat'

Last edited:
and maybe if we have a little luck the best cover ever of honk if you love fred durst

today in the school library i was reading sth called "rock encyclopedia". Of course, after reading the article about U2 in the Band section, I started looking for albums of the year - each year (from 197-sth has few "most important albums"). I was very surprised to find only Joshua Tree there... Nothing of U2 in 1991, or 1983, 84...
:mad:

I love your posts Jick! Especially when they're short and to the point like that, but still with 'Cheers, J' at the bottom!:wink:

You're right about that tho, they will be rememberedfor that album above all others.

Aardvark747 said:
I love your posts Jick! Especially when they're short and to the point like that, but still with 'Cheers, J' at the bottom!:wink:

You're right about that tho, they will be rememberedfor that album above all others.

"Cheers, J" is actually always manually typed by me. It's not like an auto-signature or anything. I got it from a bootleg ripoff artist from Australia a few years back who posted on the old old Wure U2 forum. His purported name was Danny Best and always ended his posts with "Cheers, Danny Best." But yes, fans may argue that POP is a superior album to Joshua Tree but history will remember U2 for Joshua Tree.

Cheers,

J

All of the above.

But especially for ALWAYS BEING THEMSELVES - whether in their music or in their personal lives.

U2 has consistently experimented and expanded the boundaries of their music and have reached the pinnacle of success in the music industry without selling their souls and compromising their music.:up:

Along with their humanitarianism, U2 will also be remembered the ways in which they ALWAYS REMAINED CONNECTED TO THEIR AUDIENCE.

In the future, U2 will probably be the standard by which most Rock groups will attempt to live up to.:hug:

THANK YOU, U2, FOR ALL THAT YOU GIVE US. MAY WE FIND WAYS TO GIVE BACK TO YOU....:adam: :larry: :edge: :bono: :love:

They will be remembered as the greatest rock band of all time, you can mention their names with the best already and after this album and another, couple more big tours, I think it will be safe to call them the greatest ever.

Id love to think they would be remembered for this new album aswell, but, as they're in the twilight (no pun) of their music producing, I shouldnt think they will be...

BUT BRING THE ALBUM ON ANYWAY!!! :wink:

beau2ifulday said:
On a personal level, U2 were/are the band who opened my eyes, and stoped me from being ignorant to all that was going on around me. And, of course, they wrote the song that has kept me strong through hard times - 'Acrobat'

it's the same with me. the only difference is that it's "Walk On", which makes me strong.

anyway, i think i agrees with all of you, guys, and i'll remember them also for being together all the time, throughout all these years- members are still the same.

BUT....

do we have to talk here about "how it'll be when U2 no longer exists?". that brings me down and i don't like that. i don't want to remember U2- i want to have them with me whole my life (though i know, it's impossible :sad:)

when U2 is gone i'll remember them for being the only band that equalled or bettered the Beatles in terms of critical acclaim, musical quality, and personality yet not even being remembered as any of that

bcrt2000 said:
when U2 is gone i'll remember them for being the only band that equalled or bettered the Beatles in terms of critical acclaim, musical quality, and personality yet not even being remembered as any of that

No disrespect to Beatle fans, BuT I was either not around or old enough to experience the Beatles like I am with U2, So in my opinion U2 surpasses the Beatles, Maybe it was not 4 Irish boys that took over America (Irish invasion) but they took over my life *in a sense*
Though I am VERY familiar with Beatles music and music in general since a very young age, U2 has been in my life since I was a teen, a time when I appreciated music and lyrics the most
So as I always say..U2 are my Beatles!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom