What will they play at the Grammys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Sure, Vertigo has been nominated 3 times, do you think they might play the new single All because of you (or even go all out and play Sometimes)?

It would be cool if they decided to play more songs, like they have done at other appearances.

Somehow, I get the feeling the people running the Grammy's wouldn't be too impressed!

I think with Beyonce she was just on the screen all the time - so it appeared as though she performed 3 times.:mad: :mad: Hopefully more photo ops for the guys this time.

They are probably required to play what is nominated and i fully expect they play Vertigo.

Windmilllane said:
I hope they play Sunday Bloody Sunday.

How cool would that be, actually?! Imagine if they didn't tell anyone that they were ditching the script, and just suddenly played SBS instead? With Bono starting out on some huge anti-war rant and triggering this huge controversy? Oh man, how I miss the 80s-style preachy U2!!!

:drool:

I'm telling you, they'll play Vertigo and then launch into Cartoon World.

I have to disagree, I don't think they are required to play anything. I happen to think, imho, that the Grammy's are happy that U2 are there. They leave it up to the band and the label what they play.

I most likely am wrong however. Sisqo probably decides.

I hope they don't play SYCMIOYO. I'm kinda bored of it.

I want them to play City of Blinding Lights or Original of the Species.

they will just play Vertigo............

we could see Sometimes.... or Miracle Drug or City of Blinding lights at next years awards......if Bono's ' avalanche' prophecy comes true again

They are going to take over the grammys.

They will open the show with vertigo and not leave until the 3 hour set is complete.
In secert, its the opening night of the tour! :)

Meanwhile back in reality....

Vertigo, Sometimes or ABOY.

I think they'll play Vertigo and that will be interesting. :evil:

the tourist said:
I'm hoping for City Of Blinding Lights.

It would be great if they released this song as a single and it got nominated for a future Grammy just so that they could play it in front of millions of people. That's a song U2 should be really proud of. :yes:

What exactly is Bono's 'avalanche' prophecy? I could take a guess, but I'd like to know the quote.

Back
Top Bottom