What will be the *Next single** after SYCMIOYO and ABOY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Crumbs--no question. Should've been their second single. After that, A Man & A Woman or Miracle Drug. City of Blinding Lights would've been a solid choice had the production not been so spotty. Gosh, what a disappointment--such potential for that song. The Flood should be fired.

Perhaps there will only be three singles. I believe that either this will be the case or they will go ahead with the 'drop em like their hot' strategy. If the latter is the case, I'm not sure. If they go with the traditional 4 or 5 singles, I think OOTS will be the next single.

OOTS - apple conference performance bono says "now this is the part where the song becomes a hit" as he goes into the doo dooo dooo part..... :wink:

miracle drug is too good to be kept only fo some millions of fans. it has to be shared with the world.

Miracle Drug would be cool. It's different to Vertigo and ABOY, in the way that it's still quite 'rocky' in places, but the subject matter and the vocal performence from Bono take it somewhere else than a standard rock number.

I hope OOTS! I LOVE IT! I think it's my favorite track on the album; it's catchy and sweet

COBL should be remixed by someone else (not Flood again!)... with more drums, it should be hit single - especially in US (and NYC)

edit: 3rd single for NYC = COBL, 3rd single for rest of the world = AMAAW :drool:

Last edited:
I think we can all agree that this album has at least 6-7 defenite singles. It's really too close to tell after ABOY & SYCMYO but IMHO it will be:
1.OOTS- Really catchy tune.It will be a sure hit .
2.Miracle Drug- Great song. No doubt single.
3.COBL- Radio freindly.
4.Crumbs- One of my favorites. It's on the DVD so that should be a hint.
5.LAPOE-Not as accesible as other tracks but the rock stations will love it and so does Bono.I love it.

In the end it's hard too tell.:scratch:

Yeah but have you heard OOTS live in Brooklyn. It's kinda meh. Without the electric guitar part the song just mianders. If they can't play it live well they won't release it.

ImOuttaControl said:
If COBL is a single it'll fail miserably...the most overrated song on the entire album IMO.

Original of the Species would get my vote.

OotS will be a spectcular failure. This and MD have taken over as the most over-rated songs on the album. Both are great songs - but hardly single material.

In contrast, a slightly remixed CoBL would be perfect.

ImOuttaControl said:
If COBL is a single it'll fail miserably...the most overrated song on the entire album IMO.

Original of the Species would get my vote.

no thats YOUR take that it will fail.... not everyone elses

Lancemc said:
Oral sex? I seem to have missed that reference in OOTS. :eyebrow:

yeah - me too :ohmy:

I think maybe they'll release a track and have it remixed by someone else for the single release - a la Elevation/Walk On - so hopefully it won't be OOTS... that's too perfect already to be tampered with.

Its completely obvious that One Step Closer (Industrial Mix) will be the new 'One'.

id almost take miracle drug before sycmioyo, but thenagain, i realize how good sycmioyo is. i guess im just frustrated by the fact that this album is really good...

Back
Top Bottom