What were U2 doing the year you were born?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I"m not sure about the rest of the band, but Bono probably would've been nursing a wicked hangover from his 4th birthday party just two days before.

1969 here...he was my daughter's age...in the fourth grade probably. Wow I feel old. :)

PS with a May 6 birthday, they were still probably playing with the new birthday presents......."Little Paul's 9th birthday party".

CUTE

Wow, there are a lot more older fans here than I expected.
Myself: Nov 10, 1978. They were still getting their act together and recording Street Mission probably, I'm not totally sure.

Let's see, I was born the month before Larry was born, and apparently at that age Bono was walking in his garden picking up bumblebees and talking to them. Not sure what Edge and Adam were doing.

Well, at the first of august in 1986 they were touring I guess, or they were writing and making the Joshua Tree record :)

Mid-August 87....Looks like they were just wrapping up the second leg of the JT tour.

Bono is 3 months older than me, so I don't think he would have been doing much of anything in 1960 except eating, sleeping and having his diaper changed. :wink:

Hmm...well I was conceived in the same year (1990) that the ingenious masterpiece Achtung, Baby was being conceived. A sign?:wink:

So they were probably in the midst of writing One, The Fly, Acrobat, or Mysterious Ways when I was born.:drool:

starsgoblue said:
nov 11 1980... they were touring behind boy

Ugh, I'm old :madspit:

Hardly. I wish I were 25 again... :sigh:

I was born July 24, 1968. They were probably on summer break, kicking footballs through Dublin's streets and thinking up what new mischief they could cause for their primary school teachers in the fall! :)

20th October... 1986...

Bono went water sking, Larry bought a new snare drum, Adam went and saw Grease the musical, Edge wrote the opening riff for Streets.

Reasonably productive day.

April 22/69

School stuff, I guess. Maybe eating chocolate bunnies ??

Last edited:
Well, October 1974...They hadn't even met yet. I think it was the same year Bono's mother had died, and I think they were at Mount Temple already. But U2 didn't exist yet!

""In autumn 1976, drummer Larry Mullen put a note on the notice board at Mount Temple Comprehensive School in Dublin, looking for people to join a band. Four friends joined up: Paul Hewson (aka Bono Vox), Dave Evans (aka The Edge), Dik Evans, and Adam Clayton. Dik soon left to join the Virgin Prunes, while the remaining four formed 'Feedback' before changing to 'The Hype' and then settling on U2. ""

And I was born that very Same October, 1976 Cool, eh?

:D

Sad_Girl said:
""In autumn 1976, drummer Larry Mullen put a note on the notice board at Mount Temple Comprehensive School in Dublin, looking for people to join a band. Four friends joined up: Paul Hewson (aka Bono Vox), Dave Evans (aka The Edge), Dik Evans, and Adam Clayton. Dik soon left to join the Virgin Prunes, while the remaining four formed 'Feedback' before changing to 'The Hype' and then settling on U2. ""

And I was born that very Same October, 1976 Cool, eh?

:D

Very nicely put.

April 1985, it was the year Wide Awake in America was released. Not a mega year for U2,unlike 1988, 1992,2001.....

March 22-1986: They were probably still absorbing the inspiration for the Joshua Tree and producing demos for their first critically acclaimed masterpiece.

Back
Top Bottom