What was your favorite tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
For me definately Elevation...Unbelievable setlists and energy at madison square garden.. There was nothing like it...

I haven't been to any tours, but from the bootlegs, Lovetown wins by an absolute mile. Most varied setlists of U2's career, Bono's voice sounded incredible (now if he HADN'T had any illnesses or vocal problems, I can't imagine just how mindblowing his voice would have been), Edge played probably his best guitar ever, Desire/AATW rocked so hard ... I could go on forever about how much I love this tour.

one4u2 said:
No tours?? You must get to some shows!

Curse my age and my location ... the last time U2 came near me was Popmart. I was eleven and we were just settling into a new country (my mother and I had only just moved from New Zealand to Australia), so I was totally unaware U2 were an hour north of me. Still kicking myself over that because I think Mum would have taken me had we known they were playing.

Next tour, I'm going to all the shows I can possibly get to, to make up for lost time!

Elevation is my favorite b/c I saw multiple shows and was in the Heart twice - but I'd have to say overall in terms of U2, my favorite is ZooTV.

I loved UF, JT and ZOO but they were from the stands, so I have to go with Elevation because I got so close to the band :love:

Miggy D said:
ZooTV owns you all! It was their best tour. Hands down. No discussion. Close this thread.

:wink:

100% agree with you my friend :cool: this is my ranking of Top 5 U2 tours:

1- Zoo TV ( Awesome performances, awesome show concept, outstanding stage and visuals, setlists, etc. Last time Bono´s voice was truly amazing :bow: )
2- Joshua Tree ( Awesome performances and setlists, Bono in great Shape, a Classic Tour )
3- Lovetown Tour ( Extraordinary performances, JUST GREAT, Bono´s best voice after the short Amnesty International Tour 1986 )
4- Pop Mart Tour ( Awesome Stage and Visual, great show concepts, sometimes truly outstanding performances - Rotterdam, Helsinski, Santiago, etc, but sometimes really crappy ones, like first Leg, Sarajevo - sorry but Bono´s voice was his worst ever - and other ones. Last time U2 performed concept shows )
5- War Tour ( No words, a classic !!! just watching Bono with white flag is something beyond this world. Included one of my top-10 U2´s concerts ever, Sgt Goarhausen, Germany 20-08-1983 :bow: )

I hope this new tour will show us U2´s performances from the 80´s and stages from the 90´s !!!;)

Last edited:
ZOOTV takes it for me. Its such a landmark tour, no one did what u2 did before this took place. The concept was genius! And then you have to take into account "The Fly" and just the coolness of the whole tour (Confessionals, Phone Calls, Surfing channels). The Greatest! And to top it off, the album they were promoting on this tour was ACTHUNG BABY, greatest ever!! Cant top the ZOO.

(one issue with the tour: the Setlists...awful)

ZooTV. Because it has amazing versions of every song that was played on that tour. For the reinventions of WOWY, Running To Stand Still, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For(acoustic) and especially BULLET THE BLUE SKY, which took a different and 100 times better route than it was in the 80s. For the fantastic versions of the Achtung Baby songs(Mysterious Ways and Love is Blindness...what can I tell you) and much more.

Zoo TV was the ultimate for me. It was experiencing U2 in a whole new way - it was, in one word: Cool

Saw the Zoo TV Tour 3 times - I was BLOWN AWAY - especially at Yankee Stadium...does it get any better?

I'll have to go with Popmart. I went to the first couple of shows (Vegas & San Diego). Went back to Miami where I was living at the time and made the monumental decision that what I wanted to do at that point in my life was quit my job where I had been working for the past 11 years and travel to as many shows as humanly possible.

I didn't work for two years. I spent 1 year traveling throughout the U.S. & Europe, seeing show after show, and then took another year off to recuperate. It was the best two years of my life and taught me never to give my job the top priority in my life.

I had all of this pent up anger at only having been able to go to the Miami Arena ZOO TV show because of being a workaholic at the time and it was something that was still fresh in mind.

Thinking about Popmart always brings a smile to my face.

Zoo TV! I was only 13 or 14 when I went there, but it just blew me away! The setlist, the stage, the band at their best. Amazing!

Out of the two shows in person that I have seen (Zoomerang & Pop) I am going with Zoomerang(Brisbane) this show was amazing!!! I had a great position right up the front and the show was wicked. However of the tours that I havn't been to I wish that I would of seen a Lovetown show, for much the same reasons as what Axver said, however in retrospect I am now so happy that I did get to see a ZOOTV gig:wink:

For me personally, Joshua Tree was the best. It was about as close to a religious experience as you could get. It was so moving... 40 at the end was something I'll never forget. Everyone walked arm in arm out of the stadium... amazing night!

I would have liked to said ZooTv based on concept etc, however, at the show I attended Bono had a bad night! My brother was setting up chairs in the stadium during the day for the show and they couldn't find Bono until like the very last minute. My brother over heard them talking about him and his wife having a huge fight. So, Bono seemed extremely drunk to me. He sang the same verse to Sunday Bloody Sunday like 3 or 4 times! It's sad that I didn't see the "real" ZooTv, but It's a funny memory now...

Also, i've talked to a few other people that went to the show and some noticed he was "out of it" and others didn't?? Anyway, it was still funny!

Last edited:
I was supposed to go to one ZooTV show in San Francisco in Fall 1992, but I couldn't miss a lot of days from school.

I bet that concert was awesome though.

I really enjoyed my second U2 concert, which was PopMart December 1997. I got front row seats and got to touch Bono.

Back
Top Bottom