What was Edge so upset about?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bram

Refugee
For those of you up close to the front, who noticed how pissed edge was when they came out for the encore to play "out of control"? adam and larry seemed to be laughing about something....and then when they finished "out of control", bono went up to edge and yelled at him "fuck you...we're playing one more!" (and bono was NOT joking around, but looked very serious)....and i think they had initially planned to play more songs...bc i saw the set list they taped to the floor...and dallas was running around confused with an acoustic guitar at the end. anyway...thoughts? theories?

bram said:
For those of you up close to the front, who noticed how pissed edge was when they came out for the encore to play "out of control"? adam and larry seemed to be laughing about something....and then when they finished "out of control", bono went up to edge and yelled at him "fuck you...we're playing one more!" (and bono was NOT joking around, but looked very serious)....and i think they had initially planned to play more songs...bc i saw the set list they taped to the floor...and dallas was running around confused with an acoustic guitar at the end. anyway...thoughts? theories?

lol

I don't think I would let the edge play my guitar. he gets pretty pissed off when something messes up.

temper, temper.:sad: :huh:

Edge was likely pissed about the sound, some said it sounded a bit subdued, but still good. It was likely for it to be able to be played for TV!!!

Remeber the Boston DVD, Edge is serious about his music...I like that!!!

This reminds me of the audience video of Zoo TV Budapest, where Edge & Bono look like they've had a very minor falling out of some kind prior to going down the catwalk to the b-stage after Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World. Edge look like he refused to go to the b-stage initially. I've not watched it for a few years now - but it looked like he was pissed off with Bono over something, he did eventually go down a song later I think.

Like any good family, and let's face it, U2 are a kind of family, they have ups and downs - thankfully for all of us that any downs that might happen have never got the better of them.

Uh-oh.
This can't be good.
They don't yell at each other much on stage, do they?

The only time I ever saw someone getting yelled at was in Rattle and Hum, while Bono's smoking and changing his shirt, and that was pretty mild.

Though in U2 At The End Of The World, I think there was a story where either Bono slapped Edge or something once, and they were retelling it laughingly.

So hopefully, it's not a big deal.

In the early days Bono leaped behind the drum kit and grabbed Larry by the throat because he screwed up or something.

david said:
In the early days Bono leaped behind the drum kit and grabbed Larry by the throat because he screwed up or something.

The story that I know is that once Larry was pissed with a horrible drum sound that they were having (and probably more than that with the drums) so at one point he got really pissed, got out of behind the drums and left. Then Bono got really pissed and jumped on Larry, Edge had to stop the fight. I would pay some money to see footage from that. It happened in the very early days I believe.

By the way I doubt that Bono was serious in this show on Brooklin, I don’t think he would be disrespectful with the Edge now after 25 years I think that they know each other a lot better. And I'm sure that The Edge wouldn’t get so pissed because they wanted to play another song.

I don't hope there's any trouble?
Have they been quarrelling like this before?
Were they ever close to a break-up?

here we go...

so who wants to start the "edge is leaving u2/bono and edge sworn enemies" thread first?
you know theres going to be one :sigh:

aww. was he having a hissy fit? :lmao:

maybe he wanted to get off early to watch the history of einstein on the biography channel. Bono can get in a temper somtimes. i heard a story similar to the above where somthing went wrong with the drums and Larry just sat there smiling so bono attacked him and edge grabbed bono by the hair. :laugh:

MooMoo! said:
aww. was he having a hissy fit? :lmao:

maybe he wanted to get off early to watch the history of einstein on the biography channel. Bono can get in a temper somtimes. i heard a story similar to the above where somthing went wrong with the drums and Larry just sat there smiling so bono attacked him and edge grabbed bono by the hair. :laugh:

:lol:

"edge grabbed bono by the hair. "
:lmao:

Just face it, who doesn't fight? :laugh:
Thankfully they get over those silly fights.

Bono and Edge tussling isn't anything new...they're like siblings almost and that comes with the territory. I remember reading how once Bono threw a drum kit off the stage and later that night Edge ended up socking Bono for it. Just boys being boys....

See....they love each other....:cute:

o0ehd

o0en9

Last edited:
The closer the family the bigger the fights. You can say and do things in a family that you can't do with lesser friends. This is because the relationship is so strong and it can withstand these kinds of incidents. The boys won't be breaking up anytime soon. Someone's gonna have to kick the bucket for that to happen.

"Edge tried to knock me out a couple of times. The head-butt is my specialty."
- Bono, on fighting between U2 members

Back
Top Bottom