What U2 Things Have You Done That Might Have Been Cheesy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My best friend & I used to work in the same town in different offices & we each listened to a different radio station. Whenever one of us heard a U2 song come on the radio, we'd call the other one at work, tell her to switch stations & we'd listen to the song together. This little ritual became known as "Sharing a U2 moment". We live about 200 miles from each other now, but we'll still call up with U2 blaring on the radio in the background to share our "moments". :cute:

We also used to invade the local Pizza Hut every Thursday for lunch, each with a $1 in quarters. We'd load up their jukebox, pick our favorite selections from JT & AB & feast on pizza & salad. :) Our "U2 Lunch".... the waitresses knew what to expect each week when we walked in the door & they even missed us on the days we couldn't make it!! We did that for about a year until she remarried & moved.

I miss those cheesy rituals, but I have a new one now. It's called "Blue Crack" - and I love it! :wink: :D

And the "Ted" thing is tooo funny!! :lmao: Classic! :up:

Last edited:
The_One1932 said:
sometimes i change the lyrics of u2 songs to include my first name "ted." Well one boring night at work when i was working night shifts at a local gas station to save up some money i started singing pride thusly:

One ted come in the name of love
One ted come and go
One ted come he to justify
One ted to overthrow

In the name of ted
What more in the name of ted
In the name of ted

at this point a customer who i knew pretty well walked up and said "you know... the loud speaker is on and we can all hear you singing pride in the name of TED." I looked around and indeed everyone was looking at me with a gaze of bewilderment.

:up:

:lmao:

The_One1932 said:
sometimes i change the lyrics of u2 songs to include my first name "ted."

OH, and for the record i do this for humor and not because i am totally self absorbed. And all these stories are fantastic, i am not just a u2 fan, i am a fan of u2 fans as well. Oh, and occasionaly i'll add my name to the ends of u2 songs as well, like:

I will follow ted
Love is blindess ted (oh really?)
i still haven't found what i'm looking for ted
with or without you ted

Other u2 related things i have done:

For a project in college last year (this was around election time) we had to rewrite a songs lyrics to have a more current social/political pertinence (sp?)... i rewrote beautiful day, it became "Beautiful Gay." "He was a beautiful gay... etc" My girlfriend thought people might think i was coming out, but i wasn't too worried about it. Another thing a mild u2 fan friend and i did while under the influence of alcohol and marijuana was remake even better than the real thing with just our vocal abilities as each instrument on a crappy old 4 track we have at our house (recently got a digital recorder, AWESOME). It came out pretty crappy, but it was also hilarious.

Last edited:
We'd load up their jukebox, pick our favorite selections from JT & AB & feast on pizza & salad. Our "U2 Lunch".... the waitresses knew what to expect each week when we walked in the door & they even missed us on the days we couldn't make it!!

Thats pretty cool - I'd come to THAT lunch!
:drool:

^ It was way cool - for anyone who liked U2, anyway!! :D If not, you were subjected every Thursday to just over an hour of tunes from the same 2 albums from the same band, played in a different order!! :ohmy: :evil:

Last edited:
I had my picture taken in front of a small dive restaurant called Bono.

I took a picture of a sign at Pizza Hut that said "U2 should eat The Edge(Pizza)" Hahaha

The_One1932 said:
sometimes i change the lyrics of u2 songs to include my first name "ted." Well one boring night at work when i was working night shifts at a local gas station to save up some money i started singing pride thusly:

One ted come in the name of love
One ted come and go
One ted come he to justify
One ted to overthrow

In the name of ted
In the name of ted

at this point a customer who i knew pretty well walked up and said "you know... the loud speaker is on and we can all hear you singing pride in the name of TED." I looked around and indeed everyone was looking at me with a gaze of bewilderment.

:lmao:! That is priceless! "In the name of Ted"...ahahahaha...

There's lots of great stuff here. That Pizza Hut jukebox one sounds like it'd be a lot of fun. And those of you who've made shirts/magnets/hung up Christmas lights/etc. and had them all dealing with U2 in some way, shape, or form, I'd love to see pictures!

Lisa71, your thing about the Pizza Hut sign reminds me-I've shared this before with other people, but when my family lived back in Iowa, whenever we'd go from the second town we lived in in that state back to the one we were originally from for visits and stuff, we'd pass through this one small town on the way, and that town had a bar called "Dublin's". And I always pointed it out to my family whenever we'd pass by :D.

Also, who else here plays U2 on St. Patrick's Day? :D.

Angela

Lisa71 said:
I took a picture of a sign at Pizza Hut that said "U2 should eat The Edge(Pizza)" Hahaha
haha, my local pizza hut did this as well. i wonder if they all did or just a few ones where they had U2 fans? i didn't take a picture though.

Moonlit_Angel said:

I've dressed up as the Fly and as Macphisto at Halloween :).

And I've made it a habit to ring in the new year by playing "New Year's Day", too.

Angela

I'd LOVE to dress up as Macphisto! How do you get the stuffffffffff do accomodate the attire?

KhanadaRhodes said:
:giggle: pride (in the name of ted)

i've slid down the hill edge slides down during heartland on rattle and hum. :love: that was the first thing i did when we moved to memphis and went downtown for the first time.

I wanted to do that when I was in TN a few years back. :angel:

I know for a fact that I've done many cheesy things in the name of U2. It's too late for me to recall any of them now. :shh:

Catman said:
I'd LOVE to dress up as Macphisto! How do you get the stuffffffffff do accomodate the attire?

Heh, well, it was a pretty second-rate version of his costume. Basically, I found an old yellow pair of sweatpants, a red shirt, and a jacket that was an off-yellow color, 'cause my family owns no actual yellow jackets. And then I found a pair of horns and some face paint stuff at a store in town and did the makeup. And I didn't have any gold shoes, so I had to make do with a pair of black slip-on dress shoes. So if you happen to have anything like that lying around your house, and if around Halloween you see your stores carrying horns and face paint (which someone's bound to do), you can create a makeshift version of that costume :).

Angela

macphisto23 said:
2 years in a row I put a huge U2 on the roof with christmas lights during Christmas.

That amazingly ROCKS!!! I have done my share of corny U2 things. Whenever someone says the words "you too" I make hand motions of a "U" and a "2" I never offer any explanations people think I'm crazy and I sing at the top of my lungs no matter where I am New Years day at the stroke of midnight!

I always listen to U2 on my walkman in the train when I travel to school, and then when there are hardly no people at all in that part of the train (like late in the evening) I sing along very hard:

I WILL FOLLOW!!! :laugh:

I have Mysterious Ways as my cell's ringtone, and I made two U2-related shirts. One makes fun of those Napolean Dynamite Vote For Pedro shirts but mine says VOTE FOR BONO. the other one just makes fun of the 1,2,3,14 in Vertigo :wink:

Sometimes when I walk into a record store and see abundant copies of U2 albums, I would spread them around the shop, giving them more exposure to the average music consumer and would also cover up lesser artists.

Lately though when I see the “recent releases” section is placed in a billboard chart format, I would pick up all of the copies of Atomic Bomb and transfer them to the much deserved number 1 spot (face it, when disposable pop stars manufactured from American or Australian Idol have number 1 albums, it makes it even more deserving!).

I can't believe I'm admitting this..

My Mother has this shamrock plant from March that's still alive, and I named it Bono. I was going to put a picture of him on the pot, but I didn't..yet :wink:

^ pwuahahha.

I draw 'joshua' trees in my school notebooks.. and me and my friend make pictures of U2 songs/albums and we interpret them into words..

for example: a picture of a gun shooting a bullet out and a cloud colored blue. we make a game out of that.. and try to figure out what U2 song it is. (the answer is 'bullet the blue sky') :reject:

Halifax said:
Sometimes when I walk into a record store and see abundant copies of U2 albums, I would spread them around the shop, giving them more exposure to the average music consumer and would also cover up lesser artists.

Lately though when I see the “recent releases” section is placed in a billboard chart format, I would pick up all of the copies of Atomic Bomb and transfer them to the much deserved number 1 spot (face it, when disposable pop stars manufactured from American or Australian Idol have number 1 albums, it makes it even more deserving!).

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

I do the same!!!
Very nice work

Ok here's one....

My best friend from since forever is pregnant....She's the first of the 'group' to get pregnant. The baby is a girl and well, I've managed to somehow convince her to name the baby Ali. :reject:

Ali Grace :lol:

my plan this year is to give my friends and family U2 VERTIGO TOUR CD's with the date of their birthdays....

of course it's a little late, but they WILL get them

(and of course, it had to be... the DON'T play on MY birthday :madspit: )

I'm planning on giving ONE CAMPAIGN wristbands, but I'll give them to my closest people

Golightly Grrl said:
I have a one year old nephew named Freddy. He's bald and wears hats. I nicknamed him "The Fredge."
:giggle: Now all you need to do is get him a little toy guitar & some baby Converse sneakers!! :rockon: :lmao:

BluRmGrl said:

:giggle: Now all you need to do is get him a little toy guitar & some baby Converse sneakers!! :rockon: :lmao:

I should do that, however, The Fredge's hair is finally starting to grow in a bit more. The only thing is that it's growing more in the back around the nape of his neck than on the top of his head. The kid has a damn mullett!!!

BluRmGrl said:
We also used to invade the local Pizza Hut every Thursday for lunch, each with a $1 in quarters. We'd load up their jukebox, pick our favorite selections from JT & AB & feast on pizza & salad. :) Our "U2 Lunch".... the waitresses knew what to expect each week when we walked in the door & they even missed us on the days we couldn't make it!! We did that for about a year until she remarried & moved.

Haha! Awesome! Can I just ask why do I always hear the words "Invade Pizza Hut"?? Is it some slogan they made once or something because all my friends say that too oddly...:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom