What U2 songs sound better on the radio?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isabelle_guns

Refugee
1106 Hip Pocket Rd

I was listening to the radio the other day and they played "Pride". For some reason whenever a U2 song is played on the radio, or any song for that matter, it sounds much sweeter than on the album. Maybe it has to do with the fact that everyone else is hearing at the same time as you are.

What U2 song sounds sweeter on the radio and makes you tingle?

Mysterious Ways!!

they played it on a classic rock station here and i was like YES!

they also played the live version of Bad from WAIA

I was totally stoked :D

hello kitty
LOL that is odd for a subject, it hink i cut and pasted my friends address as the subject by accident, i feel so silly right now :p

I get so excited whenever I hear a U2 song on the radio. It doesn't matter which one. I just turn it up and sing along at the top of my voice. Some how, it does feel more special on the radio, like someone is playing it just for you.

ooh btw i realized i never answered the question. for me, it's i will follow. it came on the classic rock station a few years back, and it was wonderful. i had the windows rolled down, it was 11 pm at night or so, so traffic was light. it was nice to be able to just drive down the street and feel the wind blowing and stuff, it just seemed to add a whole extra dimension to the song, and i only really felt that that one time i heard it on the radio.

once we were driving through this tunnel in the middle of some heavy traffic here in Los Angeles (the one under LAX) and i heard some guy pumping "Zoo Station"

It was so cool

ylimeU2 said:
I get so excited whenever I hear a U2 song on the radio. It doesn't matter which one. I just turn it up and sing along at the top of my voice. Some how, it does feel more special on the radio, like someone is playing it just for you.

I am exactly the same way, ylimeU2. :yes:

One thing that can make hearing U2 on the radio even more special is when the DJ says something about how great the band is before or after the song. The one radio station in my town that does play a fair amount of U2 tends to do this, and I don't notice them doing that for other artists! :cool:

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For always seems to sound better in the car. Maybe because it tends to come on when I'm with the whole family and all of us sing along - we're terrible singers but it's cool when your family appreciates your fanaticism!

RockNRollDawgie I never thought of "hip pocket road" being a good title for an album but I see that the admin's have changed my title of the thread....interesting.

hmmm, probably almost all, but i must say that hold me thrill kiss me kill me was just blowing my mind completely over when it came out the first times on the radio! it was and it is still their superbomb!!

I'll take any U2 song I can get, but for me the best one to hear over the airwaves is "New Year's Day"... I'm sure that's because the very first time I heard U2 or any of their music was in '83 when I first heard NYD on my favorite local station. Hearing it now always takes me back to that introduction. :heart: :heart:

Back
Top Bottom