What U2 singles should have been b-sides?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jick

Refugee
Off the top of my head:

-Mofo
-Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
-Lemon
-Please

What about you guys? I know this is quite extreme. I'm sure many of you have a list of album songs that you felt should have been b-sides. But do you have a list of singles that you felt actually didn't even belong in the album and should have been a b-side?

Cheers,

J

- When Love Comes to Town (Perhaps my only 'ugh' U2 song. Well I hate Wild Honey. So one of two).

- WGRYWH (Relatively speaking. I like it however, just find it a bit boring).

- HMTMKMKM (Never rated it).

- Elevation (at a push).

Apart from the former, all the songs I don't mind. I perhaps wouldn't relegate them to B-Sides, but I'm sure there were better choices for singles on the album. Infact, I'll list them. :wink:

- When Love Comes to Town = God Part II

- WGRYWH = UTEOTW

- HMTMKMKM = Nothing.

- Elevation = New York/WILATW/Kite

Mofo & Please???? Those are 2 of the biggest highlights on Pop. I think Mofo is one of their best songs.

I think Wild Honey could have been a B-side. I like the song, it just sounds out of place on the album.

stuck in a moment
trip through your wires (and luminous times takes its place)
even better than the real thing
numb

Oh yeah, how could I forget When Love Comes To Town? Now that song is really b-side material.

Cheers,

J

jphelmet said:
stuck in a moment
trip through your wires (and luminous times takes its place)
even better than the real thing
numb

I don't think Trip Through Your Wires was ever released as a single, whether radio only or video single.

Cheers,

J

Numb should have been a B-Side.

-Mofo / Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses / Lemon / Please... these are all great songs that play an important part in each of its records.

UnforgettableLemon said:
Yeah. This is a big negativityfest.

What makes this a negativityfest? There is no insanity in this thread. I think it is an insult to the people who shared their thoughts in this thread to say that this thread I started is "insane."

Cheers,

J

I didn't say it was insane. I just think this has the potential to incite some pretty nasty stuff. I will not, however, be adding any fuel to the fire. But to me it's just an excuse to talk about U2 songs you hate, and we get plenty of those threads as it is

Ha ha! This is the best thread I've come across in AGES on Interference! I can't really argue for the songs as it's everyone's opinion etc...and It'd be suicide to try and convince someone they're wrong just because of their personal taste...

I personally feel this way-

Singles-

When Love Comes to Town

Album Tracks-

Grace (I don't hate the track, I think it's great and actually ends 'All that you Can't Leave Behind' nicely...but it's not the greatest of tunes and something in it's place may have been a better idea...!)
Angel of Harlem

Actually, I never think of these specific songs as B-sides. However, songs that weren't released as singles such as Playboy Mansion, Red Hill Mining Town, Acrobat and The First Time feel a lot like B-Side material to me.

Mofo is a great tune, but it was not a good representation of the album Pop, nor was it a good representation of techno or dance. Should not have ever been a single, regardless that I like it.

Also, I've always wondered why "Out Of Control" was their first single, even though "I Will Follow" was the commercial success of "Boy". Out of Control is one of my very favorite U2 songs, but still...

jick said:
Off the top of my head:

-Mofo
-Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
-Lemon
-Please

What about you guys? I know this is quite extreme. I'm sure many of you have a list of album songs that you felt should have been b-sides. But do you have a list of singles that you felt actually didn't even belong in the album and should have been a b-side?

Cheers,

J

Lemon is on my top 10 fave U2 songs.

All other three are faves too.

MoFo was a single? I mean, I know it was released on a CD with a bunch of rancid remizes, but did it actually get play anywhere? Discotheque is the only Pop song I ever heard anywhere other than my Pop CD.

deltau922 said:
MoFo was a single? I mean, I know it was released on a CD with a bunch of rancid remizes, but did it actually get play anywhere? Discotheque is the only Pop song I ever heard anywhere other than my Pop CD.

Mofo is a single on both CD and vinyl.

Back
Top Bottom