What U2 singles should have been b-sides?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this topic is not insanity! insanity is say that wgrywh should have been a b-side.

Whoever said Please (hmmm) is completely utterly ridiculous in his or her wrongness. He or She could go into business based on the explosive force of being so completely mistaken and disastrously unclued.

Maybe Last Night On Earth.. except that song fucking catapulted into the stratosphere when played live. I would say NONE. Except maybe A Celebration.. cause then it might have shown up on the B-Sides compilation.. and Sweetest Thing, because I'm a smartass.

Some of these responses are insane. Mentions of Even Better than the Real Thing, Lemon and Please (among others). Maybe I could see arguments for not being singles, but b-sides?!? What the fuck people?

its a matter of opinion.

i have said this many times before, i would say i am as big a u2 fan as anyone, but even better than the real thing is one of my least favorite u2 songs.

i think it is the one song that keeps achtung baby from being the perfect album, so therefore it would have been better off a b-side.

jphelmet said:
its a matter of opinion.

i have said this many times before, i would say i am as big a u2 fan as anyone, but even better than the real thing is one of my least favorite u2 songs.

i think it is the one song that keeps achtung baby from being the perfect album, so therefore it would have been better off a b-side.

I agree with you completely on this.

i don't intend to insult anyone's opinions but it seems to me the majority of people who have kindly contributed to the disscussion have picked the more experimental songs that u2 have released. If u2 wanted to be identified as a band willing to play it safe, then they would have settled on doing several joshua trees over and over again. They didn't. They chopped it down. They bit the bullet and took chances with their music. As a result they are one of the most revered bands ever and are still relevant.

I for one think that Angel Of Harlem should have though

I can't see why they let The Hands That Built America even see the light of day. No way should that have been on a best of album

burns said:
I can't see why they let The Hands That Built America even see the light of day. No way should that have been on a best of album

I'll drink to that.

'Mofo' maybe. Simply because the single version released was the techno remix version and not the album cut. Lets be honest here. 'Please' may be lyricaly a fan favourite but it's not a U2 classic. The single edit is alot better than the album version but still, when was the last time you heard Please on the radio. Really there are not any songs released that should have been B-sides they just should not have been released as singles. I wont even bother with the Best of 1990 - 2000 tracklisting. Some of the songs like The Fly & Lemon should never have been left off.

Back
Top Bottom